Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Schools:Olin Business School - Washington University
Send PM
[#permalink]
Bobo - wouldn't be too worried about it. I know a guy who took the GMAT 5 times, still ended up with just a 670 and got into a top 7...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT is the bane of my existence!!!!!!! [#permalink]
bobokitty82 wrote:
You guys won't believe my GMAT experience!

I took the GMAT before in late June. I scored 660 (42M, 39V) and decided to take it again since my math score was a bit low. I moved across country at the end of the next month and it took me awhile to get resettled (the movers lost my furniture, a minor car accident, etc) and I finally took it again last night (4pm exam).

I scored 640. But what baffles me is that I scored 48 on Math, while my verbal score dropped significantly to 29. 39 was like the 89th percentile, 29 is down to 50th.

I never ran out of time on the verbal section before, but for some reason I could not focus on the verbal section and had to read certain passages twice, thus running out of time and guessing on the last 10 out of 41 questions.

So I must attempt it again. I wanted to know if anyone knows how the Bschools look at people taking it multiple times. This would be my third time and since my scores flipped, I feel like I have no other choice but to take it again (my score would definitely break 700 if you took the best of each section), but I am worried as to how the Bschools would view it. Anything you members know would be greatly appreciated.

I feel your pain. I got 660 my first two times. Gearing up for a third tussle with the beast.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT is the bane of my existence!!!!!!! [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts