Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64923 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2755 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1368 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Re: Gmat on august 12, 2015. am I there yet? Target 730 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Going by your score, you can cross the 700 mark. But nothing can be said for sure. So just take it as a normal test and give it your best.
The one advice that I would give is to stay away from alcohol for the last two days. Apart from that,

1. Revise your error log
2. Try to sleep early and have a good amount of sleep.
3. During the test, do not think about your score or the previous section or the previous question.
4. Believe in yourself.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
Abhishek20 wrote:
Hello,
I have been studying for 4 months now, working side by side, and would like to know if I am ready for a good score on my gmat.

I had a target of 750 when I started, and I soon realized that the effort to get there will be exhausting.
My scores until now are as follows,

GMATPrep-1 : 660 (Q-48 V-30)
GMATPrep-2 : 680 (Q-48 V-31)
Jamboree Online mocks (5 MOCKS) : around 680 to 700 (Rough estimate)
MGMAT1 : 680 (Q- 45 V-34)
MGMAT2 : 680
MGMAT3 : 650
GMATPrep-3 : 700 (Q-49 V-34)
MGMAT4 : 710 (On 8/8/2015) (Q-50 V-35)

I read through a few posts and decided that I would not take any more mocks since that would stress me out. So now I am revising my previous mocks and some notes I made through my study period.
I got to know that mostly manhattan mocks are significantly tougher than the Gmat exam. Even after scoring a 700 on manhattan mocks, my performance was not that good on gmat preps.
Now i'm all set for my gmat. Will study today, but tomorrow is a day off. I'll go out for a few drinks. Get my mind off Gmat for a while, since that hasn't happened in a long time.
One day before my exam I'll be revising.

Am I ready for a 730 on gmat? I am a bit scared. Need a boost.
Any help will be deeply appreciated.

If you are taking GMAT for the first time, you should go ahead and take it. It is hard to promise a certain score but there is a good chance that you will hit 700+. If, unfortunately, you don't, you will get an actual baseline score and a first hand experience of GMAT. Only the actual exam will tell you whether you are there yet but it certainly seems reasonable to go for it now.

Just review your notes in the last two days and relax. Stay off alcohol on 11th since it could create lethargy on 12th. Go for a walk instead, listen to some calming music - whatever works for you. Best of luck!

Well I couldn't stop myself yesterday, and sat down to give a last GMATPrep and ended up scoring a 730. Things are working for me.
Will be working on my review now. Thank you.
Economist GMAT Tutor Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Abhishek20,

Based on what I've seen here, it seems like you're well within striking distance of your target score. Keep in mind that test takers often see their scores fluctuation +/- 30 between any given exams, so keep working to improve in the areas that give you the most trouble leading up to the 12th and you should be in OK shape. Looking forward to hearing your results in a couple days.

Best,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot