GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 11 Jul 2020, 09:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT online internet speed system check - help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT online internet speed system check - help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 00:05
Hi,

Asking if anybody has encounter this while doing system check?

My internet speed check fails despite my numerous tests to various sites (such as speedtest, downloading and uploading files from dropbox, google drive and onedrive) clock me more than 50Mbps.
I am from Singapore and I tested my internet speed using different PCs/laptops, wifi, wired and mobile hotspot tethering as well as using different ISP yields the same failed check result.

Does anybody knows if I can still take the exam if my internet speed check fails?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.2
Re: GMAT online internet speed system check - help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 03:23
Hi roka338 from the little research that i have done on mba.com internet speed is not a prerequisite for appearing on the online exam.or can you direct me where you saw this

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 04:25
Two sources: #1 at mba[dot]com site, gmat online system requirements and #2 when you run the system check software test, it will run an internet speed check. I am not sure if test taker can proceed with the exam should the check fails.

At the system requirements, there is this para in table that explicitly states - Internet Connection: "A consistent connection speed of 1 Mbps down/up is required. We recommend testing on a wired network as opposed to a wireless network. Tethering to a mobile hotspot is explicitly prohibited."

I can't post a link as I am a new member. The link below, "." is obfuscated with [dot].
www[dot]mba[dot]com/exams/gmat-online/prepare-for-your-exam/system-requirements

goto home[dot]pearsonvue[dot]com/gmac/onvue ; scroll down to
"Run system
test Be sure to run your test on the same network and computer you will use on exam day."
Click on "test my system"
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 23:08
It seems doing a system check on a Sunday is not recommended. Pearson Vue's servers are probably under maintenance.

Anyway, I just passed my internet speed check and managed to have a quick run thru of the system check.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 06:46
Hi Roka,
I’m facing the same issue. Were you able to resolve? Please let me know urgently.

Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 11:52
Hi rocka338,

I think the safest thing to do is to give the folks at GMAC a call, so you do not have any surprises on test day. You know what I mean?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com

214 REVIEWS

5-STARS RATED ONLINE GMAT QUANT SELF STUDY COURSE

NOW WITH GMAT VERBAL (BETA)

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 06:34
Mridusahai wrote:
Hi Roka,
I’m facing the same issue. Were you able to resolve? Please let me know urgently.

It turns out that my internet speed was ok during the exam day. As mentioned in my earlier post, it seem the issue was doing the test on a Sunday.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT online internet speed system check - help   [#permalink] 06 Jun 2020, 06:34

GMAT online internet speed system check - help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep