GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 14:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • All GMAT Club Tests are Free and open on November 22nd in celebration of Thanksgiving Day!

November 22, 2018

November 22, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Mark your calendars - All GMAT Club Tests are free and open November 22nd to celebrate Thanksgiving Day! Access will be available from 0:01 AM to 11:59 PM, Pacific Time (USA)
  • Free lesson on number properties

November 23, 2018

November 23, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Practice the one most important Quant section - Integer properties, and rapidly improve your skills.

GMAT practice tests

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT practice tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2018, 11:50
Hi guys, so i have my test this monday. I have been preparing for a few months now. My goal is to get atleast a 600. I took the kaplan practice test online and scored a 620, however i took the gmatprep test from one of their 2 free tests, and scored a 560. Does anyone have any expertise on which is more accurate?
Director
Director
G
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT practice tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2018, 13:02
Definitely the GMATprep is more accurate as it is from the creators of the GMAT.

Good luck in your test! I hope you get your score!

All the best

Posted from my mobile device
Orion Director of Academics
S

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2018, 16:31
Hey candey11,

As has already been mentioned, GMATPrep is going to be as close as you can get to the real thing since it's made by GMAC. However, don't let that overshadow what needs to happen in the next few days (and remember that GMAC claims that their scores are accurate to within +/-30 points, so you are almost within the margin of error of the score you want). Remember that the couple days before you take your test should be take up with some light studying and review, but that your primary job the next couple days is to stay healthy and rest up mentally for your big day. There is not a whole lot you can change in a weekend, and any heavy studying is going to do you more harm than good. (That means no practice tests this weekend!) Eat well, sleep well, and try to relax a little!

Laura
Academics Aficionado | ORION
GMAT self-study has never been more personalized or more fun. Try ORION Free!

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2018, 18:00
Hi candey11,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC, but the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you use the CAT correctly).

The variation in these 2 CAT Scores could be because of how you took each CAT. Where did you take them? What time did you start? What section order did you choose (and did you take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections)? There are lots of factors to consider. Since your Official GMAT is in just a few days, you should NOT take any more CATs - and you should keep your studies light (so NO "cramming" either). You would be better served by doing some general review and getting some extra rest so that you can go into Test Day calm and ready to work.

As a side note, to hit your Score Goal you do NOT have to correctly answer ANY questions that you think are too hard or too weird. If you choose to review these 2 CATs, then you should note which questions you got wrong because of a silly/little mistake and which ones you got wrong because they were just too hard. Eliminating the silly mistakes is the key to hitting your Score Goal.

You should post back here after you've taken your Official GMAT and we can discuss the results.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2018, 08:06
Thank you for your replies guys! Appreciate it!
Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2018, 16:54
Hi candey11,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. So, of your two practice exam scores (assuming both were taken under realistic testing conditions), the score generated via taking the official GMAC practice test is probably the more accurate one.

Regardless, since your exam is on Monday, you may want to start dialing down your prep. Taking another practice exam or trying to cram would probably hurt more than it will help. So, just relax, get ready for your exam, and go kick some butt on Monday.

Please reach back out to provide an update after your exam.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT practice tests &nbs [#permalink] 21 Oct 2018, 16:54

GMAT practice tests

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap