GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Apr 2019, 01:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Gmat Prep - 660 to Actual Gmat 740+

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Quant   Verbal   

Intern
Intern
B
WE: Brand Management (Manufacturing)
Gmat Prep - 660 to Actual Gmat 740+  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2019, 07:11
Hy Everyone,

I have given the 2 GMAT prep mocks and have scored 660 on both of them.
Gmat Prep 1 - 660 (q49, v31) - In this, I got 14 questions wrong in verbal (7-RC, 4-CR, 3-SC)
Gmat Prep 2 - 660 (q49,v31) - In this, I got 13 questions wrong in verbal (2-RC, 5-CR, 6-SC)

I was not able to get SC, CR question in the GMAT Prep 2 (seemed very difficult), and when I was checking for the explanation for each one of them on Gmatclub, found out most of them were 700+.

I have my actual on 20th April 2019, and I am targetting 740+ (Don't know whether it can be a reality or not :( ).

Can anyone provide any feedback as to how can I improve my score and what should do in the last week that can max my score on actual GMAT?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: Gmat Prep - 660 to Actual Gmat 740+  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2019, 08:19
nikhilbhat wrote:
Hy Everyone,

Gmat Prep 1 - 660 (q49, v31) - In this, I got 14 questions wrong in verbal (7-RC, 4-CR, 3-SC)
Gmat Prep 2 - 660 (q49,v31) - In this, I got 13 questions wrong in verbal (2-RC, 5-CR, 6-SC)

I was not able to get SC, CR question in the GMAT Prep 2 (seemed very difficult), and when I was checking for the explanation for each one of them on Gmatclub, found out most of them were 700+.

I have my actual on 20th April 2019, and I am targetting 740+ (Don't know whether it can be a reality or not :( ).

Can anyone provide any feedback as to how can I improve my score and what should do in the last week that can max my score on actual GMAT?

Thanks

Hi, If you are targeting 740+ score you have to touch Q50, and V41. So apart from verbal parallally focus on quant as well. all the best :thumbup:
Manager
Manager
P
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2019, 10:41
nikhilbhat wrote:
Hy Everyone,

Thanks

Your test is a week away and it is clear that you are not confident enough with the verbal section. Plus a target score of 740+ will be difficult to achieve with a q49. Therefore, I would recommend to postpone your test and to purchase egmat to strengthen your verbal skills.
CR Forum Moderator
D
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2019, 11:04
nikhilbhat wrote:
Hy Everyone,

Thanks

since your test is in a week, I would suggest you to analyze your mocks and prepare a error log and work on it.Make sure that you avoid such mistakes.
Instead of learning anything new try to excel in whatever you know.

All the best for your exam!

Project CR Butler - 2 CR's everyday
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Brand Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 06:43
Hy Everyone,
Today I gave 3rd Gmat Prep Mock and Scored 680 (q49, v34).
But I have one doubt that (i previous 3 mocks, my incorrect quant questions were (9, 8 and 4 resp), but still my quant score is q49.
Can anyone explain this?

And in the previous 3 mocks, I have found out that sc is weakest - I Don't why because I know almost 90% of SC rule - Can anyone guide how to improve .

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Gmat Prep - 660 to Actual Gmat 740+   [#permalink] 14 Apr 2019, 06:43

Gmat Prep - 660 to Actual Gmat 740+

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap