Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64936 [1]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT prep advice for last 2-3 weeks before the test [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi prnvprem,

Before I can offer any advice, I'm hoping that you can clearly define your timeline and goals:

1) What is your goal score? You gave a 'range', but that's not what I'm asking for. What score will make you happy?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
3) Do you know what Schools you plan to apply to?

As far as your studies are concerned:
1) Is this the ONLY CAT that you've taken?
2) Did you take the FULL CAT (including the Essay and IR sections)?
3) What materials have you been studying with so far?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Hi,

1. I will be happy with a 700 .
2.As i have just 2 + working experience i want to work for another year and apply next year for B.Schools
3.Yes i have some target Schools (a 680-700 score will help me really )

Regarding studies :
1.Yes this was the only CAT.
2.Ya i took the full cat with essay and IR.
3. I have solved most of OG 2015
Also some additional books for practice questions from a local prep center.

Thanks-
Pranav
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Pranav,

Since you're not planning to apply to Business School until next year, you should have some flexibility with your Test Date. Can you push it back? The extra study time would be quite valuable and increase your chances of hitting your 700+ score goal. You don't have to decide right this moment, but you'll have to decide relatively soon. You should plan to take another FULL-LENGTH CAT this weekend, so we can get a sense of how you're progressing through your studies.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Pranav,

Since you're not planning to apply to Business School until next year, you should have some flexibility with your Test Date. Can you push it back? The extra study time would be quite valuable and increase your chances of hitting your 700+ score goal. You don't have to decide right this moment, but you'll have to decide relatively soon. You should plan to take another FULL-LENGTH CAT this weekend, so we can get a sense of how you're progressing through your studies.

Rich

Hi ,

I can't push the dates actually. I am on flexible work agreement till my GMAT test with my organization .After that i go back to full time work and my work is at client location
and implementing stuff. Although experience in number of years is less but i am always involved with project management and client dealings.
So that leaves me with no option to study once m working full time being at client site.
I will give another full length CAT and see whats the score is..

Thanks-
Pranav
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Pranav,

That next CAT score will be vital in establishing your level of 'consistency' and what you should work on during these last few weeks. It's important to take the FULL CAT (including the Essay and IR sections), at the same time of day as your GMAT, away from your home, in a realistic and test-like fashion, etc.

Given your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores on this first CAT, you have the potential to pick up points in BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections, so we'll have to 'nitpick' both CAT results to figure out which areas give you the biggest opportunity to earn those 'missing' points.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Pranav,

That next CAT score will be vital in establishing your level of 'consistency' and what you should work on during these last few weeks. It's important to take the FULL CAT (including the Essay and IR sections), at the same time of day as your GMAT, away from your home, in a realistic and test-like fashion, etc.

Given your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores on this first CAT, you have the potential to pick up points in BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections, so we'll have to 'nitpick' both CAT results to figure out which areas give you the biggest opportunity to earn those 'missing' points.

Rich

Hi,

Thanks for all the advice , i have been taking some CATs with IR and AWA recently and have seen some improvement .I took one test on friday.
score was 650
Quant -42
Verbal-32
Yesterday again i attempted the test and score improved significantly to 720
Quant - 48
Verbal - 42

But the last score may be affected as i got some questions repeated that i have already seen on previous CATs and while solving numerous questions but still
the confidence level has improved.
With less than 10 days to go i will stick to this routine and not going to try too many things or material, frequent full length CAT
and then analysis of questions i get wrong and brushing the concepts. I do not think any more study material or any thing will be
helpful now.

Thanks for all the advice . I hope to do well .

Thanks-
Pranav
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Pranav,

I would advise that you NOT take too many FULL CATs in these last 10 days (if you did, then you might run the risk of 'burning out' before your Official GMAT). You still have plenty of time to get in some reasonable practice and review though and take 1 more CAT. Since your last CAT was a 'retake' of a previous CAT, that second score is almost certainly 'inflated', so we cannot trust it as being 100% accurate. If you do end up taking another CAT, then it should be a *new* CAT.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Pranav,

I would advise that you NOT take too many FULL CATs in these last 10 days (if you did, then you might run the risk of 'burning out' before your Official GMAT). You still have plenty of time to get in some reasonable practice and review though and take 1 more CAT. Since your last CAT was a 'retake' of a previous CAT, that second score is almost certainly 'inflated', so we cannot trust it as being 100% accurate. If you do end up taking another CAT, then it should be a *new* CAT.

Rich

Hi Rich,

I took one last prep test GMAT-2 . The scores were as below:
V-37
Q-48
Total-690

I am not taking any more test now.Going to brush up all concepts and rule tonight and tomorrow and rest the next day.
I have done prep whatever i could . Could have been better (but that's a part of life always present :P ) ,and certainly
there's scope for improvement always. But, i feel pretty confident with things and hope to just do well on actual test.

Thanks for all the advice through the last few weeks.

Regards-
Pranav
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
prnvprem wrote:
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Pranav,

Rich

Hi Rich,

V-37
Q-48
Total-690

I am not taking any more test now.Going to brush up all concepts and rule tonight and tomorrow and rest the next day.
I have done prep whatever i could . Could have been better (but that's a part of life always present :P ) ,and certainly
there's scope for improvement always. But, i feel pretty confident with things and hope to just do well on actual test.

Regards-
Pranav

What was your gmat score mate?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bfarooq wrote:
prnvprem wrote:
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Pranav,

Rich

Hi Rich,

V-37
Q-48
Total-690

Regards-
Pranav

What was your gmat score mate?

Hi ,

I got 640. :(
Q-46
V-31 :( :(

Thanks-
Pranav
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Pranav,

Dont get disheartened. It's still a pretty damn good score. I think it mustve come down to silly mistakes or something during the test. Did you run out of time in any of the sections?

Also, are you applying for schools in 2016 R1 or R2? If so, maybe you can retake the exam and get close to 700 in a months time :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bfarooq wrote:
Pranav,

Dont get disheartened. It's still a pretty damn good score. I think it mustve come down to silly mistakes or something during the test. Did you run out of time in any of the sections?

Also, are you applying for schools in 2016 R1 or R2? If so, maybe you can retake the exam and get close to 700 in a months time :D

Hi,

Yeah may be silly mistake. I ran out of time in Quant still attempted all question. Last 10 question i had to just run through to complete the section.
Verbal score is low but i finished verbal section with 10 mins left.

N yes i will be applying next year only R1. I want to work a year more.. Just wanted to get finished with GMAT then would have worked on my profile
and application. But now again i have to start preparing for GMAT and re-take it.

Thanks-
Pranav
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64936 [2]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Kudos