GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 02:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Prep Exam Pack 2 Test 2 seems faulty grading

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT Prep Exam Pack 2 Test 2 seems faulty grading  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 22:25
I answered 32/41 correctly, 9 wrong and got a V34!! I also answered the first 12 correctly! I got 32/37 on Quant and a Q49, which is more reasonable than verbal but I felt should be Q50. Please before lecturing me on how difficult questions are worth more and first 10 are weighted heavier; this is 200 hours deep into study and 2 tests taken. I'm very familiar by now. I scored V39 on the real test and felt this should've been easily V41. I'm at a lost for an explanation besides the GMAC didn't put as much effort into their grading on practice exams compared to the real test.

I'm getting one more exam in before end of round 3 using a free voucher. Otherwise I wouldn't be dropping $250 to up a 720.
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: GMAT Prep Exam Pack 2 Test 2 seems faulty grading  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 23:57
dloren4 wrote:
I answered 32/41 correctly, 9 wrong and got a V34!! I also answered the first 12 correctly! I got 32/37 on Quant and a Q49, which is more reasonable than verbal but I felt should be Q50. Please before lecturing me on how difficult questions are worth more and first 10 are weighted heavier; this is 200 hours deep into study and 2 tests taken. I'm very familiar by now. I scored V39 on the real test and felt this should've been easily V41. I'm at a lost for an explanation besides the GMAC didn't put as much effort into their grading on practice exams compared to the real test.

I'm getting one more exam in before end of round 3 using a free voucher. Otherwise I wouldn't be dropping $250 to up a 720.
The GMATPrep software uses the same algorithm as the actual GMAT, and the exam packs are just databases with questions (so they don't have their own algorithm). Overall, the scoring of the exam packs is not as reliable as the scoring of the free tests, but that has more to do with the profile of the question pool than the "grading".

I suggest you look at your score as a range of scores. The V34 is not necessarily inaccurate. It could, however, be the case that most of your expected scores are more likely to be clustered around a higher score (like V39). This means that V34 could be rare for you (in which case you should keep in mind that every test taker is likely to perform below his or her potential on at least one practice test, and maybe even on the actual exam).

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 01:38
I must have gotten a weak pulling of questions because just for fun I retook the test having all old questions I knew the answers to come up. I missed 6 on purpose and still got V39. I see most others on here miss 6 and get V43 or higher. Shame on GMAT; that's a disservice.
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 05:40
dloren4 wrote:
I must have gotten a weak pulling of questions because just for fun I retook the test having all old questions I knew the answers to come up. I missed 6 on purpose and still got V39. I see most others on here miss 6 and get V43 or higher. Shame on GMAT; that's a disservice.
The only reason you're not getting more responses to your thread is:
dloren4 wrote:
Please before lecturing me on how difficult questions are worth more and first 10 are weighted heavier

Jokes apart, the first 10 questions are not assigned greater weight.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Prep Exam Pack 2 Test 2 seems faulty grading &nbs [#permalink] 24 Mar 2018, 05:40

GMAT Prep Exam Pack 2 Test 2 seems faulty grading

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap