Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:12 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6856 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Tutor
Affiliations: Co-founder at a GMAT Prep Company
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT Focus 1:
705 Q88 V89 DI84
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 770 Q50 V44
GMAT 4: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Re: Gmat prep test doesn't record submitted choice of last question [#permalink]
Expert Reply
nguoixanh11 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just want to check if any of you experience this. I did test 1-5 GMAT official prep test but the last questions of both Verbal and Quant are never recorded, although I have already submitted.

Just want to make sure this is the system bugs from GMAT prep and not because of my mistakes.

Hi nguoixanh11, Welcome to the forum and I hope that this forum has helped/helps you in reaching a great GMAT score!

Similar to Andrew's thoughts, I would also like to echo the idea the the last question (of a given section) is submitted automatically as long as you've selected an option (of course, it is submitted if you explicitly click "confirm" after selecting an option). I know this from my own experience in one of my GMAT exams, in which I did not "submit" my AWA essay in time, yet I got a grade (of 6) based on my work till that point. Therefore, the same idea should apply to all sectionss -- so long as you select an option, you shouldn't have to worry too much about whether that answer choice has been submitted.

Of course, to be on the absolutely safer side, you might want to increase your average speed by about a second or so per question, thereby leaving you with an additional 35 seconds (in Verbal) and 30 seconds (in Quant) for that final question :-)

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72856 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Gmat prep test doesn't record submitted choice of last question [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Seems like a bug.

Based on the information that was about a year old, which means it could be dated and has not been verified by me since, if you have not submitted the last question on the real test or in gmat prep, it would not count and would be marked as skipped. This only applies to the multiple choice questions. AWA will save your essay even if you did not submit it.

This change had been introduced three or four years ago. Until that time, you could select an answer choice and even if you had not confirmed and submitted it, it would be recorded. For whatever reason, that behavior had been changed on both the official test and the GMAT prep. I do not know why the change took place and as mentioned, it held true until a year ago when I had verified it.

Posted from my mobile device
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1046 [0]
Given Kudos: 630
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Re: Gmat prep test doesn't record submitted choice of last question [#permalink]
nguoixanh11 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just want to check if any of you experience this. I did test 1-5 GMAT official prep test but the last questions of both Verbal and Quant are never recorded, although I have already submitted.

Just want to make sure this is the system bugs from GMAT prep and not because of my mistakes.

nguoixanh11 Guess what, I saw same thing happen with me yesterday when I wrote my 2nd mock. In the quant section, even though I finished 6-7 mins before final whistle. The last question came out to be wrong. And when I checked what option had I chosen for that question, my choice wasn't highlighted, GMAT shows the wrong option chosen. So, I too was baffled by it, but thankfully it didn't affect my score and I got a Q50. Had my Q50 dropped to Q49 just because of that one small issue, I would have been devastated.

Possible reasons that I could think of behind this are-
1. It's a damn system bug.
2. I had chosen the answer choice but did not click on next.
3. I thought I had clicked the correct answer choice but in reality I had not.

Out of the three, the third seems implausible as I had enough time on my clock and there was no hurry.

So, it could most probably be a system bug. Let's hope it's resolved soon.

Regards,
Nikhil
GMAT Club Bot