It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 23:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Preparation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Preparation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 03:59
Hi everyone,
I want to ask you to evaluate my plan for GMAT preparation.
I want to take an exam at the end of March or beginning April 2018. According what I have read I decided to start my preparation in December. Because I'm not native and my biggest weakness is Verbal part, I will start my preparation with "Advance Grammar in Use- Cambridge". Then I will do OG 2017 and I want to buy an access to E-Gmat.

Should I change/ add anything? Or this plan has sense?

Thank you for any help or advice!

PS. My target score is about 670-700 and University to which I want to apply is St.Gallen.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 323

GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Preparation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 08:30
dave9783 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I want to take an exam at the end of March or beginning April 2018. According what I have read I decided to start my preparation in December. Because I'm not native and my biggest weakness is Verbal part, I will start my preparation with "Advance Grammar in Use- Cambridge". Then I will do OG 2017 and I want to buy an access to E-Gmat.

PS. My target score is about 670-700 and University to which I want to apply is St.Gallen.

Hi
First of all, give a Gmat prep test to assess your current level. Then you will come to know which topics need improvement. IMO start your preparation by reading MGMAT verbal guides. They are specific to GMAT and are very helpful rather than going for advance grammar. Brush up all Quant and verbal concepts and then start solving OG. If u want you can buy Egmat now itself as they will have sufficient theory and practice questions. Alternatively, you can follow Gmatclub self study plan.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 323

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 167 [0], given: 80

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
GMAT Preparation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 09:07
dave9783 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I agree with souvonik2k. Manhattan GMAT books are the best materials available in market, and they will help you to study in GMAT specific areas. You need not to know all grammar rules in English to crack GMAT. GMAT focuses on some specific grammar errors.

1. Take a free GMATPrep test to understand your current level
2. Go through all the areas from MGMAT. You can follow GMATClub or any other good study plan(there are many good study plans available, just google it and find which suits your need)
3. After step 2, practice the Official Guide questions
4. Point out your weak areas and review those areas.

Additionally, you can buy eGMAT course, its really thorough and good for No-Natives.

Hope this helps. Best of Buck :-) !

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 09:18
Thank you!
So should I buy Manhattan Books from 1 to 8, right? And when I finish it, should I start E-Gmat course and OG 2017 at the same time or one of these courses should be first?
I will use one of the study plan, but I'm not sure about one thing. If I will use two sources then should I make exercises from both (e.g. if I will have to do questions from SC)?

Thanks once again guys!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 09:36
dave9783 wrote:
Thank you!
So should I buy Manhattan Books from 1 to 8, right? And when I finish it, should I start E-Gmat course and OG 2017 at the same time or one of these courses should be first?
I will use one of the study plan, but I'm not sure about one thing. If I will use two sources then should I make exercises from both (e.g. if I will have to do questions from SC)?

Thanks once again guys!

I would suggest to go through MGMAT 1st, specially the SC. MGMAT does not have much exercise. After you complete a chapter, finish the exercise after end of the chapter. It will help to solidify your concept. And don't forget to take notes when you go through MGMAT, especially for SC. Yon need to review those notes 2 times a week so that you dont forget those concepts.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 11:56
I'm not from US and it's quite hard to find Manhattan Book :( . Could you show me which one exactly, because I found only MGMAT 6- CR, 7- RC, 8-SC. Is it this book or not?
And how should I implement E-Gmat to my prep?
Thanks!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 22:49
I agree with souvonik2k

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 09:18
dave9783 wrote:
I'm not from US and it's quite hard to find Manhattan Book :( . Could you show me which one exactly, because I found only MGMAT 6- CR, 7- RC, 8-SC. Is it this book or not?
And how should I implement E-Gmat to my prep?
Thanks!

You can by the MGMAT books anywhere. Try to buy those from Amazon. Or you can buy the used books if someone sells those.

VP
VP
V

Kudos [?]: 1099 [0], given: 543

GPA: 3.4
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 11:20
dave9783 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Best Books

1. Manhattan GMAT Quant Guides
2. Manhattan GMAT Verbal guides
or
Aristotle Verbal Guide for CR critical reasoning bible is best book with 300+ pages of comprehensive Data

Strategies

Start with Quant, learn the concepts tested on GMAT. After learning, practice your learned section with timed practice. You can also take quizzes to meet the pace of GMAT. 1 Month for learning concepts and 15 days of practice and same with the verbal. When completed all the concepts learning and handsome practice. Take full lenght CATs, know your estimated score. Analyze the result with Correct/incorrect questions, pacing analysis trace your mistakes and learn from them, make an error log to know your mistakes in the previously attempted questions

Best Mocks

1. Official GMAC (50+50$)
2. Manhattan GMAT (49$)
3. GMAT Club Quant CATs (80$)

Official PS Practice Questions
Press +1 Kudos if this post is helpful

Kudos [?]: 1099 [0], given: 543

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
P
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat

Kudos [?]: 3523 [1], given: 173

GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 15:54
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi dave9783,

With a planned Test Date in late March or early April, you've given yourself plenty of time to study - which is good.

Once you decide to formally begin your studies, it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) What is the application deadline for the Business School that you're interested in?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Kudos [?]: 3523 [1], given: 173

V

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 29

WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 06:07
dave9783 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi

4 months should be good enough to achieve your target score. I would encourage you take one of the two GMAT PREP practice test. You can know your weaknesses and work on them. If you are willing to study dedicatedly for that period, you are sure to achieve your goal. Your choice of E-gmat is great. Both E-gmat Verbal online and Verbal Live are both amazing courses especially designed for non-natives. They offer almost 25% of their courses for free so you can try out their free trial to decide which one you want to go for. Plus the e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in both the courses is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market.

You can also try out the MGMAT guides they are phenomenal and cover the entire syllabus really well. I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I would also encourage you practice all the questions twice from the latest version of OG and the verbal review. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ve ... 68383.html

Lastly, you can check out a very interesting article by Mike McGarry from Magoosh detailing a 3 month study plan

https://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/3-month-g ... -students/. You will find it very helpful as it gives out a study plan as per your needs.

Hope this helps. All the best.

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 29

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 04:52
Wow. I really appreciate that. Thank you for your support and help! It was very important for me.
Do you mean about these books, which I attached?
So my prep would looks like:
0. Trial Exam
1. MGMAT books
2. OG 2017
3. EGMAT
4. Final Exam
Of course I will do couple of mock exams during my prep. Should I make OG and MGMAT twice or once is enough?

Thanks guys once again!
Attachments

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 12.45.54.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 12.45.54.png [ 1.66 MiB | Viewed 117 times ]

Re: GMAT Preparation   [#permalink] 10 Nov 2017, 04:52

GMAT Preparation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap