Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 23:47 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: GMAT PREPARATION STRATEGY 2023 [#permalink]
The Share GMAT Experience subforum may be helpful to check out. You could see what others have done/used to successfully improve their scores. Fair to say including Official-Mocks 3-6 into your prep path would be a solid choice (may want to save one or two in case you retake for any reason).

How to score high on the GMAT. Why solving approach is important.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Following for more expert responses.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sathyasree96,

These two CAT/mock results are remarkably similar to one another, meaning that you may have gotten 'stuck' at this particular Score level. To get to the point that you can consistently score 700+, you will have to make some serious improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections - and that training will take time (likely at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study). Since the current version of the GMAT is currently scheduled to end on January 31, 2024, this leaves you with approximately 3.5 months of time before the only option will be the GMAT Focus Edition.

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) Over the last 3 months, how many hours have you typically studied each week?
2) What specific study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks? Did you take any other CATs besides the two that you listed?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
www.empowergmat.com
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22079 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sathyasree96,

I think the first thing we need to figure out is what can be done in two weeks. Can you take another practice exam to see how far off you are from your 700 score goal?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Sathyasree96,

These two CAT/mock results are remarkably similar to one another, meaning that you may have gotten 'stuck' at this particular Score level. To get to the point that you can consistently score 700+, you will have to make some serious improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections - and that training will take time (likely at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study). Since the current version of the GMAT is currently scheduled to end on January 31, 2024, this leaves you with approximately 3.5 months of time before the only option will be the GMAT Focus Edition.

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) Over the last 3 months, how many hours have you typically studied each week?
2) What specific study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks? Did you take any other CATs besides the two that you listed?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich

www.empowergmat.com

Hi Rich,

I have put in typically 30 hours per week in the last 3 months.

I used Wizako's quant and verbal materials for studying. I also took help of Mgmat guides and powerscore CR Bible.

First official mock - 4th Sep, 2023 (zero verbal prep and 1 month of quant prep?

Second official mock - 1st October, 2023 ( started with verbal prep but never timed my practice)

And I did not take any other mocks in this period.

Currently, I'm focusing on getting a good score on GMAT. I'm okay with applying for 2025 intake although I had aimed for 2024 when I started with my GMAT prep.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Sathyasree96,

I think the first thing we need to figure out is what can be done in two weeks. Can you take another practice exam to see how far off you are from your 700 score goal?

Hi Scott,

Definitely. I'm planning to take one. I'll update you here once it is done.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sathyasree96,

Studying for the GMAT now - far in advance of when you will actually 'need' your Score - is a smart choice. That having been said, since your 2nd CAT Score is relatively recent (from less than 2 weeks ago) - and your two results are so similar to one another (even though they are a month apart) - it's highly likely that you are going to need more than another 2 months of study to get to the point that you can consistently score 700+. There's no harm in taking another CAT/mock this weekend, but it's worth noting that a CAT is really a 'measuring device' - when used correctly, it will give you a realistic score and help define your strengths and weaknesses, but it will NOT help you to fix any of those weaknesses. To raise your scores, you have to learn the necessary Tactics and put in the proper practice and repetitions. The CAT will show you whether your studies are helping you to improve or not.

I've sent you a PM with some additional notes and questions.

Rich

www.empowergmat.com
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22079 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sathyasree96 wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Sathyasree96,

Hi Scott,

Definitely. I'm planning to take one. I'll update you here once it is done.

Great! I'm here if you need me.
GMAT Club Bot