It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 22:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Retake - Course Recommendation

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Apr 2017
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V32
GPA: 3.57
GMAT Retake - Course Recommendation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 01:07
Hey guys,

at the beginning of August, I took the GMAT and scored quite badly with a 560 (Q39 V28) studying with MGMT Books and OG. I believe my ability is a bit higher, low 600s (according to my CAT scores before), but I had a very bad night sleep the night before. I originally had planned to retake the GMAT at the beginning of September, practicing further with questions from available from GMAT club and OG.

But now I am thinking about retaking the test at the end of September/beginning of October and until then enroll in a GMAT online course in order to better improve my skills and abilities. I am thinking about enrolling either in E-GMAT Complete Live Prep or in E-GMAT Verbal Live Prep and Math Revolution. What are your recommendations concerning these two courses?

I am not sure whether it will be enough time to finish the entire course(s), but I believe even if I am not able to finish the course(s), I will benefit much from their approaches.

Thanks for your advice:)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Math Revolution Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesJamboree Discount Codes
VP
VP
User avatar
D
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 1014

Kudos [?]: 224 [0], given: 4

Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: GMAT Retake - Course Recommendation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 07:17
Chief92 wrote:
I am not sure whether it will be enough time to finish the entire course(s), but I believe even if I am not able to finish the course(s), I will benefit much from their approaches.

Thanks for your advice:)
What's your target score? Maybe you can focus on those topics that you are weakest at, even if you can't get through the entire course before taking the exam again.
_________________

Profile and Official GMAT score report

Kudos [?]: 224 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Apr 2017
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V32
GPA: 3.57
Re: GMAT Retake - Course Recommendation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 07:44
AjiteshArun wrote:
Chief92 wrote:
I am not sure whether it will be enough time to finish the entire course(s), but I believe even if I am not able to finish the course(s), I will benefit much from their approaches.

Thanks for your advice:)
What's your target score? Maybe you can focus on those topics that you are weakest at, even if you can't get through the entire course before taking the exam again.


My score goal is 650. I definitely believe that the E-GMAT course will help me improve, the question I ask myself is whether I will be able to improve to reach this score on my own.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15585

Kudos [?]: 28499 [0], given: 5114

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Retake - Course Recommendation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 08:53
Looks like you can improve both quant and verbal. It is about being disciplined and covering the material and noving past it if you have not mastered it.

What were your practice scores?

As to the course choices, those can help you get there... At the same time the mgmat books have helped many get there. So make sure you avoid any pitfalls or issues that prevented you from succeeding with the mgmat guides.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28499 [0], given: 5114

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Apr 2017
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V32
GPA: 3.57
GMAT Retake - Course Recommendation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 09:14
bb wrote:
Looks like you can improve both quant and verbal. It is about being disciplined and covering the material and noving past it if you have not mastered it.

What were your practice scores?

As to the course choices, those can help you get there... At the same time the mgmat books have helped many get there. So make sure you avoid any pitfalls or issues that prevented you from succeeding with the mgmat guides.

Posted from my mobile device


Prior to my first GMAT exam, I achieved a 640 on GMAT Prep and 670 on Economist GMAT (but I felt that the questions were definitely easier than the ones from GMAT prep). A couple of days ago I got a 600 on GMAT prep.

Checking out the reviews of E-GMAT, I definitely believe that their quant and verbal course could help me to achieve my goal of scoring around 650. I have already covered the OG (Quant part 2x) and about half of the OG verbal review. Furthermore, in the last 1,5 weeks after the exam, I practiced with the GMAT question bank (500 and 600 levels questions). I just do not know whether continuing practicing like this will allow me to achieve the score I want. That is why believe E-GMAT could be an asset in my further prep.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT Retake - Course Recommendation   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2017, 09:14
Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT Retake - Course Recommendation

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.