Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 11:20 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: GMAT score [#permalink]
Expert Reply
aakritigarg:

A 650 is a good score, but the answer to your question we would first need to know what you consider to be a "good" b-school.

We also have zero information about your background, which makes answering your question even more difficult. The GMAT is one (important) factor but it's only one consideration.

Please provide additional information or reach out to us for a free consultation:

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/
Admit Expert Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
aakritigarg wrote:
I got a 650, 48 quant and 31 verbal, do I have genuine chance of getting into a good b-school?

Posted from my mobile device

aakritigarg

The GMAT score is just one aspect of the overall application. Business schools consider many other factors when making admissions decisions. While a score of 650 is not competitive for top tier business schools, you will stand a good chance of admissions to decently ranked schools, provided the rest of the profile is strong and can compensate for the average GMAT score. We would recommend that you pick a range of schools whose GMAT average falls around 650 and also strengthen your profile (analytics heavy courses, IELTS to make up for low verbal score, professional certifications relevant to your goals etc.) to increase your chances of admissions.

It would be helpful to know your undergraduate GPA, work experience, extracurricular activities and your goals to provide a more specific review and a list of schools you can target. For a more detailed 1-1 strategy session, please write to contactus@admitexpert.com or fill the form at http://www.admitexpert.com

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello aakritigarg

The MBA application is comprised of a number of components of which the GMAT score is one. It's difficult to comment on where a score of 650 will take you since you haven't elaborated upon your background.

Furthermore, the term 'good' is subjective. It would help if you can clarify what schools, according to you, would fall in this category.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
aakritigarg wrote:
I got a 650, 48 quant and 31 verbal, do I have genuine chance of getting into a good b-school?

Posted from my mobile device

It's hard to answer that question without more info about you, but this GMAT score does not mean you have no chance! over the years we've had many MBA candidates who were admitted to top MBA programs with average scores, as you can see here: https://aringo.com/aringo-top-mba-gmat-results/
GMAT Club Bot