Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:15 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4659 [1]
Given Kudos: 633
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1368 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: Gmat Score -620 , Q50-V24..Will again strive for 700+ [#permalink]
Thanks a lot Ajitesh for your suggestions.

I am planning to take GMAT in next 2 months , so that i can apply for 2nd round application timely .

AjiteshArun wrote:
What kind of timeline do you have in mind for this? I'm not sure how representative the 24 is, but as it stands, you're looking to move from a 36% to a 91% (or more) in verbal.

When you do take the exam again, please take the full break. 3 minutes is probably not enough. Most people need a little more time to (mentally) move on from the quant section and focus on the verbal. Also, you might want to eat something (chocolate!) between sections.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gmat Score -620 , Q50-V24..Will again strive for 700+ [#permalink]
Hi Janielle ,

I appreciate your advice and i will definitely take in my consideration while choosing private tutor .

Can you please elaborate , what are i should do increase my speed so that i can manage my time in efficient way in Verbal .As Already i have practised a lot on a number of problem ,and Even i have exhausted my all Manhattan Cat series ,GMAT PREP question, Scholarium Question bank etc.

Regards,
Maverick
OptimusPrepJanielle wrote:
Hey,

From what you have written, I think that the major probelm is with the timing part and this is a problem which most of the test takers face. To increase your speed, you need to practice a lot and also try to apply strategies that can speed up the process of solving the questions.

I would recommend you to go for a reputed online learning platform instead of an unknown private tutor in town. You can go through the reviews here at GMAT Club and then choose as per your needs.

Have you decided on when you want to appear for your next GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gmat Score -620 , Q50-V24..Will again strive for 700+ [#permalink]
Bunuel, bb, egmat- Request your feedback , how i should now approach to Verbal section . I am planning to take next GMAT exam attempt in October or November'15 .

Request feedback from Other users regarding how i can improve my score .
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1368 [2]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi,

In order to increase your speed, you need to practice a lot and should try to incorporate your lessons from the courses in the questions.
Also, making an error log would be a great idea. In this way, you can avoid making the same mistake again and may be increase your speed by knowing the concept.

There are some general strategies that might help you:

SC: Focus on S-V agreement, modifiers, coparisions and usage of some words such as "that, which, such as, like etc." You will find that focussing on these areas will help you increase your accuracy and speed
CR: Prethinking helps a lot in CR quesitons. Read the question stem first and then keeping the question in mind, read the prompt.
RC: Try to make a passage map. Initially you might feel that your reading speed has gone down, but this would certainly increase your accuracy

You can go for the Official Exam Pakc 1 and Question Pack 1 from the GMAT Prep. Also, if you wish, you can take a free trial of our course and see if it fulfills your needs.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts