Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 16:52 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
GMAT score of 640 (Q50 V27) - Can I aim good indian colleges with this [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey Vaibgmat,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

To begin with, 640 is quite low, I would suggest trying to improve your score. With this vast experience, I am pretty sure that you will have a lot of interesting stories to tell the AdComs.

About your ECs, a major highlight of your application would be Copyrights and Patents registered under your name. Try elaborating them and your learnings from it.

You haven’t mentioned your post- MBA goals. They play an important role in your application. ISB should be a decent choice, if you are looking for Indian schools, however with a profile like yours, I would recommend Rotman (In case you are planning to go to global schools). I would like you to share a detailed profile for a better evaluation. If you'd like, we are happy to connect you with our Profile Experts (who are alums and students of top B-Schools) who will discuss your profile at length in a 30-45 minutes call and provide you with feedback based on your aspirations and goals. Feel free to schedule a call with us here for in-depth profile evaluation (and some networking on the side!)

No one knows the application process better than the individuals who have gone through it. We match you with alumni from your desired business school. Meet our Panel of Consultants.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Visit our website www.mbaandbeyond.com for more MBA resources.

Vaibgmat wrote:
Hi,
I got GMAT score of 640 (Q50 V27) [however I scored 700+ in all 6 official mocks, dont know what happened to verbal].

I am a project manager with 10+ years experience (2 years in software and rest in manufacturing industry). I have 9.48 CGPA (Rank-4) in my undergraduate studies.
I have won national level competition "National Competition for Young Managers" organised by AIMA. I was also a northern region level winner in another competition "National Competition for Managers" organised by AIMA.
I have 2 copyrights and one patent in my name.
I play Squash as a hobby.
I am part of core committee of Management Associations (that involve 1000+ industry professionals from 10+ corporates).

Please help and advise whether I can apply in any good institute (preferably Indian).

TIA
GMAT Club Bot
GMAT score of 640 (Q50 V27) - Can I aim good indian colleges with this [#permalink]