Last visit was: 15 May 2024, 13:31 It is currently 15 May 2024, 13:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Given Kudos: 184
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Given Kudos: 184
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 501 [1]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: GMAT Score Report [#permalink]
Kudos
tanvidixit wrote:
Hi everyone,

I will be giving GMAT next week and I was wondering if anyone could explain how the process to send the score works. I know that GMAT allows you to send the score report to 5 schools free of cost, but the application process will begin in October. So is it okay of the score reports are sent this early?

As I am interested in pursuing MSc Finance and not MBA, is the process any different while sending the scores?

I realized that Universities have a GMAT code, how is that relevant to the exam?

I would like some help regarding these questions.

Thank you.

Hello tanvidixit

You dont have much of choice except to send them now ;)

What you should make sure is to contact every school and their admission/application assistants to inform them that you will be send score "early" so they can attach it to your application.

There is a chance that you may dont want to send this score scheduled for next week, if you are not happy with it, keep that in mind also.

MSc Finance is not any different than MBA or any other degree, however make sure you have the right code, usually it is the same university code across all programs, however sometimes it may differ. (graduate school and business school can have different codes at same university etc. )

University code is very relevant for sending exam scores, if you are not able to find school/university from drop menu, just by typing university code, you will have direct and secure measure, that will enable scores to be sent where you wanted them in first place.

That is purpose of university codes.

Here is example from Berkeley that obviously have institution code policy, for GMAT Institution Code would be: N2VPT47, for GRE Institution Code is: 0574 :

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/gmat-and-gre

Good Luck :cool:
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22235 [2]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi tanvidixit,

From the test center, you can send out your GMAT score, even if your applications are not due for a number of months. You’ll also be able to look up the school codes before selecting which schools receive your GMAT score.

Feel free to reach out with further questions. Good luck!!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2235 [1]
Given Kudos: 199
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Kudos
Hi ,

you can send out your GMAT score, even if your applications are not ready yet. you can look up for the school codes which you want to send the score.
All the best for your exam!
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi,

On test day, you can select up to five schools to send your GMAT score reports to and these will be selected before you begin your exam. Once you have made your selections, they cannot be changed. After your exam, you can send your scores to as many additional programs as you like (fees apply), as long as the scores are no more than five years old. Click for more information on GMAT score sending and reports.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot