Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 21:51 It is currently 03 May 2024, 21:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]
No can do. You have to select your 5 schools before you begin your test.

inspecta83 wrote:
thanks...i was planning on selecting the schools i wanted my score to go to ahead of time..but now that i know you get your score on the same day, i think i'll wait until i see my score before having it sent on to any schools
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dam :( ...well, there's only one school in my area that has the exact program i'm interested in..during orientation they said you can take it multiple times and they will only consider your highest score, but since this is my first time taking it i'm afraid my score will be so low they'll tell me to take a permanent hike
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
You can actually do this. It costs you more because the test fee covers reporting your score to up to 5 different schools, but many people want to report their score to more than 5 schools, so they go to www.mba.com and pay for GMAC to report their score to more schools.

https://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/TheEssentials/GMATScoresandReports/SelectingYourScoreReportRecipients.htm

inspecta83 wrote:
dam :( ...well, there's only one school in my area that has the exact program i'm interested in..during orientation they said you can take it multiple times and they will only consider your highest score, but since this is my first time taking it i'm afraid my score will be so low they'll tell me to take a permanent hike
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
The schools are going to see ALL of your test scores for the past 5 years anyway, so I don't see any harm in potentially sending them an unfavorable score.

Although schools can view your variety of test scores any way they please, all of the top tier schools I've looked at take your highest score. Does anyone know of a Top 15 school that doesn't do this?
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
I don't know of a top 15 school that does anything but take your top score. You make a good point. It's not that you're releasing only your latest score to these schools, you're essentially telling GMAC to release your entire profile to them; good and bad scores alike.

Avernusaur wrote:
The schools are going to see ALL of your test scores for the past 5 years anyway, so I don't see any harm in potentially sending them an unfavorable score.

Although schools can view your variety of test scores any way they please, all of the top tier schools I've looked at take your highest score. Does anyone know of a Top 15 school that doesn't do this?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks..i didn't know that schools had access to your entire GMAT profile. hopefully i can get at least a 550 tomorrow and just be done with it on my first attempt..thanks again for the info, i've found out more from this site than i did anywhere else.
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
inspecta83 wrote:
thanks..i didn't know that schools had access to your entire GMAT profile. hopefully i can get at least a 550 tomorrow and just be done with it on my first attempt..thanks again for the info, i've found out more from this site than i did anywhere else.

that's what we like to hear!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
well..i just got back from the exam..it was a beast. the cpa exam didnt seem as difficult as this was. but maybe its just b/c its my first attempt and i didnt prepare. according to my unofficial score report, i got a 510. i spoke to the dean of the school i want to get into and he said i need a 550..so maybe i can do some serious begging and get in :(
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
OR since you say you didn't prepare for this one, kiss that $250 good-bye and study this time. a 550 with prep after a 510 isn't difficult to get.
inspecta83 wrote:
well..i just got back from the exam..it was a beast. the cpa exam didnt seem as difficult as this was. but maybe its just b/c its my first attempt and i didnt prepare. according to my unofficial score report, i got a 510. i spoke to the dean of the school i want to get into and he said i need a 550..so maybe i can do some serious begging and get in :(
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
jallenmorris wrote:
OR since you say you didn't prepare for this one, kiss that $250 good-bye and study this time. a 550 with prep after a 510 isn't difficult to get.
inspecta83 wrote:

I agree.

I can't imagine taking the GMAT without preparing for at least a couple weeks. You should easily be able to improve to 550+ if you dedicate the time to learning the basics. Don't aim for the bare minmum though... shoot for 600+ :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
well..i "prepared" for less than a month before there was a death in the family and i was out of the country for a while..by the time i got back i only had a week to study. since the application fee is only $50, i'll probably roll the dice and see what happens, b/c i was really hoping to get in for the spring semester.
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
App fee is only $50? I wish I had taken it where you are taking it! It was $250 both times I took it.

inspecta83 wrote:
well..i "prepared" for less than a month before there was a death in the family and i was out of the country for a while..by the time i got back i only had a week to study. since the application fee is only $50, i'll probably roll the dice and see what happens, b/c i was really hoping to get in for the spring semester.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i meant the application fee for the university...i paid $250 also for the GMAT
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37365 posts