It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 18:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Score Reporting

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: huntersville, nc
GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2008, 09:39
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
On http://www.gmac.com i read the following:

GMAT Score Availability

Test takers may print their Unofficial scores from the Verbal and Quantitative multiple-choice sections, along with the Total score, immediately after completing the test.

Official GMAT score reports that include the AWA score available to the test taker and his or her designated score-report recipients (schools) approximately three weeks after the test.


Does anyone know how to go about getting your "Unofficial" score the same day you take the test? For example, do you get it while still @ the test center? do you have to log onto their website and print it yourself? ...The site doesn't explain how. Thank you in advance

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1499

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Schools: NYU Stern '11
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2008, 12:28
The test center will print out an unofficial copy of your scores and give them to you before you leave.

inspecta83 wrote:
On http://www.gmac.com i read the following:

GMAT Score Availability

Test takers may print their Unofficial scores from the Verbal and Quantitative multiple-choice sections, along with the Total score, immediately after completing the test.

Official GMAT score reports that include the AWA score available to the test taker and his or her designated score-report recipients (schools) approximately three weeks after the test.


Does anyone know how to go about getting your "Unofficial" score the same day you take the test? For example, do you get it while still @ the test center? do you have to log onto their website and print it yourself? ...The site doesn't explain how. Thank you in advance

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Location: huntersville, nc
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2008, 18:42
1
This post received
KUDOS
thanks...i was planning on selecting the schools i wanted my score to go to ahead of time..but now that i know you get your score on the same day, i think i'll wait until i see my score before having it sent on to any schools

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1499

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Schools: NYU Stern '11
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2008, 18:43
No can do. You have to select your 5 schools before you begin your test.

inspecta83 wrote:
thanks...i was planning on selecting the schools i wanted my score to go to ahead of time..but now that i know you get your score on the same day, i think i'll wait until i see my score before having it sent on to any schools

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: huntersville, nc
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2008, 18:54
dam :( ...well, there's only one school in my area that has the exact program i'm interested in..during orientation they said you can take it multiple times and they will only consider your highest score, but since this is my first time taking it i'm afraid my score will be so low they'll tell me to take a permanent hike

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Posts: 1870

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 32

Location: Oklahoma City
Schools: Hard Knocks
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2008, 19:43
You can actually do this. It costs you more because the test fee covers reporting your score to up to 5 different schools, but many people want to report their score to more than 5 schools, so they go to www.mba.com and pay for GMAC to report their score to more schools.

http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/TheEssentials/GMATScoresandReports/SelectingYourScoreReportRecipients.htm

inspecta83 wrote:
dam :( ...well, there's only one school in my area that has the exact program i'm interested in..during orientation they said you can take it multiple times and they will only consider your highest score, but since this is my first time taking it i'm afraid my score will be so low they'll tell me to take a permanent hike

_________________

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 32

Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Badgerine!
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 894

Kudos [?]: 285 [0], given: 86

Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2008, 20:44
The schools are going to see ALL of your test scores for the past 5 years anyway, so I don't see any harm in potentially sending them an unfavorable score.

Although schools can view your variety of test scores any way they please, all of the top tier schools I've looked at take your highest score. Does anyone know of a Top 15 school that doesn't do this?
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 285 [0], given: 86

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Posts: 1870

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 32

Location: Oklahoma City
Schools: Hard Knocks
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2008, 20:47
I don't know of a top 15 school that does anything but take your top score. You make a good point. It's not that you're releasing only your latest score to these schools, you're essentially telling GMAC to release your entire profile to them; good and bad scores alike.

Avernusaur wrote:
The schools are going to see ALL of your test scores for the past 5 years anyway, so I don't see any harm in potentially sending them an unfavorable score.

Although schools can view your variety of test scores any way they please, all of the top tier schools I've looked at take your highest score. Does anyone know of a Top 15 school that doesn't do this?

_________________

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 32

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: huntersville, nc
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2008, 09:21
thanks..i didn't know that schools had access to your entire GMAT profile. hopefully i can get at least a 550 tomorrow and just be done with it on my first attempt..thanks again for the info, i've found out more from this site than i did anywhere else.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Posts: 1870

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 32

Location: Oklahoma City
Schools: Hard Knocks
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2008, 09:31
inspecta83 wrote:
thanks..i didn't know that schools had access to your entire GMAT profile. hopefully i can get at least a 550 tomorrow and just be done with it on my first attempt..thanks again for the info, i've found out more from this site than i did anywhere else.


that's what we like to hear!
_________________

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 32

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: huntersville, nc
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 14:13
well..i just got back from the exam..it was a beast. the cpa exam didnt seem as difficult as this was. but maybe its just b/c its my first attempt and i didnt prepare. according to my unofficial score report, i got a 510. i spoke to the dean of the school i want to get into and he said i need a 550..so maybe i can do some serious begging and get in :(

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Posts: 1870

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 32

Location: Oklahoma City
Schools: Hard Knocks
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 14:23
OR since you say you didn't prepare for this one, kiss that $250 good-bye and study this time. a 550 with prep after a 510 isn't difficult to get.
inspecta83 wrote:
well..i just got back from the exam..it was a beast. the cpa exam didnt seem as difficult as this was. but maybe its just b/c its my first attempt and i didnt prepare. according to my unofficial score report, i got a 510. i spoke to the dean of the school i want to get into and he said i need a 550..so maybe i can do some serious begging and get in :(

_________________

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 32

Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Badgerine!
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 894

Kudos [?]: 285 [0], given: 86

Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 14:46
jallenmorris wrote:
OR since you say you didn't prepare for this one, kiss that $250 good-bye and study this time. a 550 with prep after a 510 isn't difficult to get.
inspecta83 wrote:
well..i just got back from the exam..it was a beast. the cpa exam didnt seem as difficult as this was. but maybe its just b/c its my first attempt and i didnt prepare. according to my unofficial score report, i got a 510. i spoke to the dean of the school i want to get into and he said i need a 550..so maybe i can do some serious begging and get in :(

I agree.

I can't imagine taking the GMAT without preparing for at least a couple weeks. You should easily be able to improve to 550+ if you dedicate the time to learning the basics. Don't aim for the bare minmum though... shoot for 600+ :)
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 285 [0], given: 86

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: huntersville, nc
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 14:51
well..i "prepared" for less than a month before there was a death in the family and i was out of the country for a while..by the time i got back i only had a week to study. since the application fee is only $50, i'll probably roll the dice and see what happens, b/c i was really hoping to get in for the spring semester.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Posts: 1870

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 32

Location: Oklahoma City
Schools: Hard Knocks
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 15:01
App fee is only $50? I wish I had taken it where you are taking it! It was $250 both times I took it.

inspecta83 wrote:
well..i "prepared" for less than a month before there was a death in the family and i was out of the country for a while..by the time i got back i only had a week to study. since the application fee is only $50, i'll probably roll the dice and see what happens, b/c i was really hoping to get in for the spring semester.

_________________

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 32

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: huntersville, nc
Re: GMAT Score Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 15:34
i meant the application fee for the university...i paid $250 also for the GMAT

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Score Reporting   [#permalink] 11 Nov 2008, 15:34
Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT Score Reporting

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.