Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 17:01 It is currently 14 May 2024, 17:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2065 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1311 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: GMAT score req for an Indian Male with an avg undegrad score & work ex [#permalink]
Hi AvijitDhankar

A lot depends on your specific work experience and in particular leadership experience / exposure. The stronger that is, the more your GMAT can tend towards the average for the targeted program. That being said, the lower undergrad GPA puts more burden on the GMAT to demonstrate you can handle the academic intensity of a top MBA program (especially in quant). You need at least one area of clear strength if you aim for top schools -- a top GMAT score above 730 fits that role well.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 354 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: GMAT score req for an Indian Male with an avg undegrad score & work ex [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi AvijitDhankar,

Thank you for sharing your profile. For US schools, you should aim to score 730+ to maximize your chances. MIT and Ross are excellent choices for operations management in the United States. A lot will be determined by your overall profile and your ability to articulate key USPs. If you’d like, we are happy to discuss your profile in length, answer any of your concerns and shortlist b-schools for you. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

AvijitDhankar wrote:
Hi

I am in need of some experienced or expert advice.

I am an Indian Male with a commerce background. My undergrad score is 60% from a middle-tier college and I have 3+ years of work experience as the operations manager with Indian E-Commerce Startups.

I am targeting the top 30 US Schools for a full-time MBA preferably in the operations management field.

It would be great if someone could tell me what kind of GMAT scores should I be targeting and if such a target is achievable given my average background.

If you are or know anyone who has gotten themselves into a good US college with a similar background and wouldn't mind giving 10 to 15 mins of your time to answer a few questions then do let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
AvijitDhankar wrote:
Hi

I am in need of some experienced or expert advice.

I am an Indian Male with a commerce background. My undergrad score is 60% from a middle-tier college and I have 3+ years of work experience as the operations manager with Indian E-Commerce Startups.

I am targeting the top 30 US Schools for a full-time MBA preferably in the operations management field.

It would be great if someone could tell me what kind of GMAT scores should I be targeting and if such a target is achievable given my average background.

If you are or know anyone who has gotten themselves into a good US college with a similar background and wouldn't mind giving 10 to 15 mins of your time to answer a few questions then do let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hello AvijitDhankar,

Apologies for the delayed response but we hope this finds you in time still.

Considering your low undergrad score, you must look at a score upwards of 730 to target the schools ranked between US top ~16 to US top ~30.

That said, no score can guarantee an interview call or admit, as a lot depends on your overall profile and how well the same is articulated through your essays.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot