Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 4690 [0]
Given Kudos: 463
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
GMAT Socre help- urgent [#permalink]
harshagarwal004 wrote:
Thanks bb for your prompt reply. I did a search and found to different views regarding my query. That's why I posted my query on the forum.

Dear harshagarwal004

I fell this link will definitely help you :

search-results.xhtml?cx=009332468639467955845%3Ah-z9cduzcoi&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=MGMAT+Test

Happy Preparations.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: GMAT Socre help- urgent [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi harshagarwal004,

While MGMAT CATs are generally regarded as a bit 'harder' than the Official GMAT, they will provide reasonably accurate score results if you use those CATs correctly.

When you took these CATs:

1) Did you take the ENTIRE CAT each time (including the Essay and IR sections)?
2) Did you take them at home?
3) Did you take them at the same time of day as your Official GMAT?
4) Did you ever do ANYTHING during your CATs that you couldn't do on Test Day (pause the CAT, skip sections, take longer breaks, etc.)?
5) Did you ever take a CAT more than once? Had you seen any of the questions BEFORE you took the CAT?

As far as improving your Quant Scaled Scores, I'd like to know a bit more about your studies so far:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Abhishek009 for your reply. But I have already gone through these links before.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Socre help- urgent [#permalink]
Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC,

Please find the answes to your queries below marked in red:
1) Did you take the ENTIRE CAT each time (including the Essay and IR sections)?
I took the entire CAT except IR section.
2) Did you take them at home?
Yes I took them at Home.
3) Did you take them at the same time of day as your Official GMAT?
No I took them at night from 7 pm onwards.
4) Did you ever do ANYTHING during your CATs that you couldn't do on Test Day (pause the CAT, skip sections, take longer breaks, etc.)?
No
5) Did you ever take a CAT more than once? Had you seen any of the questions BEFORE you took the CAT?
No

As far as improving your Quant Scaled Scores, I'd like to know a bit more about your studies so far:
1) How long have you studied?
2 months
2) What materials have you used?
GMAT official guide, MAth review, Verbal review and Manhattan Sentence correction.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi harshagarwal004,

Test Day is a rather specific 'event' - the details are specific and they matter, so you have to train as best as you can for all of them. The more realistic you can make your CATs, the more likely the score results are to be accurate. The more you deviate, the more "off" your scores can become - and that's possibly what has happened here. By skipping sections, taking the CATs at home, taking them at a different time of day, etc., you weren't properly training for the FULL GMAT 'experience.' Right now, it's difficult to determine how accurate these two scores actually are.

Thankfully, this is a relatively easy set of problems to fix. The big question now is "how long will it take you to properly get 'used to' taking the full GMAT?" You'll certainly need a new set of practice CATs to work with and you have to put in the necessary time to train your brain (and body) for the FULL GMAT. You might also need to invest in some new GMAT training materials.

I suggest that you take one of the GMAC CATs under realistic conditions (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, away from your home, at the time of day that you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.) and let's see how you score. THAT result should provide some valuable information in terms of what you should be focusing on.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
harshagarwal004 wrote:
While taking Manhattan GMAT tests I scored the folowing:
680 (Q45, V38)
660 (Q44, V36)

Is Manhaattan Prep test scores are equivalent to what people get in actual GMAT or these tests are tough and students usually get more in GMAT?

I also want some help regarding Quant? How can I improve it? My concepts are clear but due to time constraints I get most of the data sufficiency questions wrong.

Please help. I want to give GMAT by the end of this month.

Hi Harsh,

Manhattan GMAT tests are typically more difficult than the actual GMAT test. This is specifically true for the Quant section as they give a lot of calculation intensive questions snd harder to complete in the given time limit.

Having said, you need to be more specific about what you are targetting at in terms of quant score and overall score and the kind of questions that you got wrong for us to be able to help you further.
GMAT Club Bot