GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Nov 2018, 04:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • All GMAT Club Tests are Free and open on November 22nd in celebration of Thanksgiving Day!

November 22, 2018

November 22, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Mark your calendars - All GMAT Club Tests are free and open November 22nd to celebrate Thanksgiving Day! Access will be available from 0:01 AM to 11:59 PM, Pacific Time (USA)
  • Free lesson on number properties

November 23, 2018

November 23, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Practice the one most important Quant section - Integer properties, and rapidly improve your skills.

GMAT Study Plan (looking for right study course)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Study Plan (looking for right study course)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2018, 07:52
I have a studying style that I know has historically worked for me.

The essential gist of it as follows:
(1) I read through a topic while taking notes. I then watch a lecture on the same topic. After the lecture I do Multiple Choice Questions with my notes, and thoroughly review the explanations to both the RIGHT, and the WRONG answers.
(2) I repeat the same step as above for all topics in a section.
(3) On a rolling basis I will continue to repeat the Multiple Choice Questions until I reach the end of the section.
(4) After I feel that I've learned everything, I tear apart Multiple Choice Questions, and if I find I don't understand a topic well I go back and read through the section.

Are there any GMAT courses out there that would allow me to accomplish my above planned study strategy? I've tested out Magoosh but didn't see MCQ's after each mini-topic -- if all of the GMAT courses are similar to this then I'll likely just run with Magoosh.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Study Plan (looking for right study course)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2018, 21:02
try orion or e-gmat, they have similar strategies

What to do if you are new to GMAT:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-to-do-if-you-are-new-272708.html#p2108758

GMAC official guides : https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmac-official-guides-the-master-directory-links-240610.html#p1854935

Give me kudos if you like it , it's totally harmless :)

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 10:38
Hi Dylan1218,

From your post, it's not clear how long you've been studying in this way - so it's unclear how effective it's been in helping you to improve. As such, it's possible that the plan that you're looking to continue with isn't actually the most effective way for you to study. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Intern
Intern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 19:33
Hi..you should try the Target test prep course for Quant.the course covers all the topics with deep understanding of concepts.
try out the free trial version .tests after each chapters will give you great confidence.
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 00:54
Dylan1218 wrote:
I have a studying style that I know has historically worked for me.

The essential gist of it as follows:
(1) I read through a topic while taking notes. I then watch a lecture on the same topic. After the lecture I do Multiple Choice Questions with my notes, and thoroughly review the explanations to both the RIGHT, and the WRONG answers.
(2) I repeat the same step as above for all topics in a section.
(3) On a rolling basis I will continue to repeat the Multiple Choice Questions until I reach the end of the section.
(4) After I feel that I've learned everything, I tear apart Multiple Choice Questions, and if I find I don't understand a topic well I go back and read through the section.

Are there any GMAT courses out there that would allow me to accomplish my above planned study strategy? I've tested out Magoosh but didn't see MCQ's after each mini-topic -- if all of the GMAT courses are similar to this then I'll likely just run with Magoosh.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan1218,

There a are a lot of courses that could prove helful. You can look at EmpowerGMAT, Optimus prep, E-gmat or Orion. In order to make an informed decision I would highly encourage you to go to their websites and try on their free trial and decide for yourself which one do you like better.

Hope this helps. All the best.

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 08:08
Hi Dylan1218,

Yes, there are definitely courses that will allow you to study in the manner you suggested. Specifically, as Dannys mentioned, Target Test Prep would be a perfect resource for you if you are looking for quant help. We are the top-rated quant course here on GMAT Club.

Below are some key reasons why GMAT students have found success with Target Test Prep.

-- We meticulously created TTP questions to properly emulate the questions on the actual GMAT. TTP questions are extremely similar in form and function to the questions you’ll see on test day.

-- We offer more than 3,000 realistic practice GMAT Quant questions, each with a crystal clear, clean, actionable solution. We know that when you are preparing for the GMAT, proper practice makes perfect.

-- We teach every concept, strategy, tool, and technique that you need to crush your competition and earn a top GMAT Quant score. When you study with TTP, you leave nothing to chance.

-- We provide you with a personalized, smart, strategic plan of study to follow, whatever your starting point and score goal. You’ll always know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it.

-- We wrote the TTP course with the goal of making GMAT math come to life and making GMAT math mastery attainable for all students.

-- We ensure that you are truly learning every lesson and retaining what you learn. Each major topic is supported by realistic practice questions that underscore what has been discussed.

-- We actively engage you in learning with more than 800 instructor-led videos that teach the high-value skills necessary for achieving a high score.

-- We offer comprehensive analytics that allow you to quickly locate areas in which you’re weak, so that you can turn those weak areas into strong ones.

-- We designed the TTP course to utilize best practices in teaching and learning and implement many of the most important discoveries in learning theory and cognitive neuroscience, helping you to prepare more efficiently and maximize your outcome.

If you would like to discuss Target Test Prep further, feel free to reach out to me directly.

You also may find it helpful to read this article about
how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Study Plan (looking for right study course) &nbs [#permalink] 25 Oct 2018, 08:08

GMAT Study Plan (looking for right study course)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap