Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 5011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
i don't know how many questions i got wrong. i would estimate about 10 on quantitative and maybe 8 on verbal.

i think i probably got only 2 or so wrong in verbal on the first 25 problems and then like 6 wrong on the last 15 problems.

but i think i'm like most people in that i always have a lot of questions where i narrow it down to 2 choices and then just stare at it for awhile until one of them kind of start looking a little better.

CR is a bit of a pain because i for the most part i can do them pretty well but i always run into a few questions that stump me and i'm pretty much forced to guess. i didn't do anything special to study CR...just OG.

i actually studied the OG books by going to the answer /explanation section and just going through problems there one at a time. i cover up the answer section with a sheet of paper, try to do the problem, write down my answer, and then proceed to the explanation. for me, this works better than taking the test first and then reading the explanations because by the time i'm done, i find it difficult to go back and concentrate on my correct answer choices (i just tend to focus on the wrong ones).

so i do the explanation section study first and then every week i'll take a practice test (gmat, powerprep, and the 6 manhattan ones).

obviously gmatprep is the best. powerprep is good but slightly easier. and manhattan is good (i like their explanations) but since it's not the real thing i find that some of their questions aren't clear (and i don't agree with their answers) and overall the difficulty is a bit inaccurate.

RVD.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Man RVD, when it comes to the GMAT, there is no doubt about it, you are the whole #$%#$ show!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
fawreel902 wrote:
Man RVD, when it comes to the GMAT, there is no doubt about it, you are the whole #$%#$ show!!!

lol...thanks you know it. i am the WHOLE F'N SHOW.

RVD.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
very nice score. Congrats.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
First of all congratulations. You nailed it!!

Secondly, I am so jealous of all you smart people. I have been studying like crazy (ignoring my family and friends) and still have a long way to go. Me and my slow brain.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
gluon wrote:
First of all congratulations. You nailed it!!

Secondly, I am so jealous of all you smart people. I have been studying like crazy (ignoring my family and friends) and still have a long way to go. Me and my slow brain.

don't worry. i think a lot of this test has to do with getting familiar with the types of questions that are on the test.

i am actually very bad at standardized tests. i failed the written test for the driving exam a bunch of times, etc. i spent most of my time just getting comfortable with the software, types of questions, and pacing my time.

RVD.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts