It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 22:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATPREP-boldface

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 527 [0], given: 0

GMATPREP-boldface [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2009, 04:28
pls explain ur answer
Attachments

GMATPREP-boldface.JPG
GMATPREP-boldface.JPG [ 138.85 KiB | Viewed 1141 times ]

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 74 [1], given: 4

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
Re: GMATPREP-boldface [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2009, 10:26
This post received
KUDOS
Whew....tough question.

I'll go with D

My line of reasoning is , the company's policy is to provide international exposure to the employees by sending them abroad for management education. The first bold-faced portion is introducing a policy that the arguments wishes to evaluate.....Correct - The argument does wish to evaluate this policy.This is evident from the conclusion in the last line of the stem

The second-bold faced portion, by saying that there are alternative ways to achieve the policy, is saying that policy is not needed

The only reason, I think, your answer seems to be incorrect is - the second bold faced portion is not saying that the policy is not achieving its objective. By sending the candidates abroad, the objective of providing international exposure is obviously achieved.

Cheers,
Unplugged

Kudos [?]: 74 [1], given: 4

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 279 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2009, 11:57
The clear choice is between D and E. I will go with D as first boldface is not a consideration in support of the policy, but rather is a policy.

Kudos [?]: 279 [0], given: 0

VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2009, 02:35
Thats an excellent explanation. +1 frm me
OA is D indeed. Can u guide how 2 attack these Boldfaced problem? They terrorise me :(
unplugged wrote:
Whew....tough question.

I'll go with D

My line of reasoning is , the company's policy is to provide international exposure to the employees by sending them abroad for management education. The first bold-faced portion is introducing a policy that the arguments wishes to evaluate.....Correct - The argument does wish to evaluate this policy.This is evident from the conclusion in the last line of the stem

The second-bold faced portion, by saying that there are alternative ways to achieve the policy, is saying that policy is not needed

The only reason, I think, your answer seems to be incorrect is - the second bold faced portion is not saying that the policy is not achieving its objective. By sending the candidates abroad, the objective of providing international exposure is obviously achieved.

Cheers,
Unplugged

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 4

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2009, 04:28
ritula wrote:
OA is D indeed. Can u guide how 2 attack these Boldfaced problem? They terrorise me :(
unplugged wrote:
Whew....tough question.

I'll go with D

Cheers,
Unplugged

It is hard to maintain your sanity while in the middle of the test. I think I too would have missed it had I been in the middle of the test.

I think, the only way out is practice. Powerscore CR bible has lot of questions on the same model.

I'm sorry I cannot say anything more because I'm a no verbal guru either

Let me know if you need anything more

Cheers,
Unplugged

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 4

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2009, 22:50
ritula wrote:
unplugged wrote:
Whew....tough question.

I'll go with D

Cheers,
Unplugged

I also agree with D. The best way to attack these questions, like most CR questions, is try for a few seconds to describe or predict what the answer is. Doing this, helps you eliminate many of the perfectly crafted incorrect answers. This strategy is especially useful with these types of questions.

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 2

Re: GMATPREP-boldface   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2009, 22:50

GMATPREP-boldface

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap