Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1510 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: gmatprep experience [#permalink]
I am not worried or concerned about the "abnomaly". I just thought that it is interesting to report the scores for the gmatprep. Someone posted that he/she got 12-13 math questions wrong and still got a Q48. So I hope that this info can help people realize that the "best score" is only Q51, and there is alot wiggle room for a 50-51 score.

Also, my 4 misses were out of the last 8 questions (including the last question), so I suppose that the score 48-51 level scores are set/achieved at around questions 28-30. So there could be some truths about the strategy of giving more time to work on the early questions, eventhough the official guide claims that strategy is based on myths.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
gmatnub wrote:
I am not worried or concerned about the "abnomaly". I just thought that it is interesting to report the scores for the gmatprep. Someone posted that he/she got 12-13 math questions wrong and still got a Q48. So I hope that this info can help people realize that the "best score" is only Q51, and there is alot wiggle room for a 50-51 score.

Also, my 4 misses were out of the last 8 questions (including the last question), so I suppose that the score 48-51 level scores are set/achieved at around questions 28-30. So there could be some truths about the strategy of giving more time to work on the early questions, eventhough the official guide claims that strategy is based on myths.

I have a couple data points to add to this as well. I took a GMATPrep a couple weeks ago, missed 12 Quant questions, and scored a 48. I didn't miss any until the 8th question. Yesterday, on the other hand, I only missed 9, but scored a 46. I missed 3 of the first 10.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
gmatnub wrote:

If questions at various stages are weighted differently, it would be very interesting. We'll probably never know if this is applicable to the real GMAT, will we?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 338 [0]
Send PM
MeddlingKid wrote:
I have a couple data points to add to this as well. I took a GMATPrep a couple weeks ago, missed 12 Quant questions, and scored a 48. I didn't miss any until the 8th question. Yesterday, on the other hand, I only missed 9, but scored a 46. I missed 3 of the first 10.

So out of the 37 questions, you had 12 wrong and received a 48??? I scored a 33 and didn't miss anything until the 7th question and had 13 wrong...

This is where I do not understand the scoring.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
RyanDe680 wrote:
MeddlingKid wrote:

So out of the 37 questions, you had 12 wrong and received a 48??? I scored a 33 and didn't miss anything until the 7th question and had 13 wrong...

You missed 12 and received a 33? That doesn't make sense to me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
MeddlingKid wrote:
RyanDe680 wrote:
MeddlingKid wrote:

You missed 12 and received a 33? That doesn't make sense to me.

It does make sense actually. Missing 12 out of the last 30 is basically 50%, you gain a point and lose a point. Worst yet, if you miss 2-4 in a row, you drop your score to a much lower level, and you have to build back the score.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts