Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 01:34 It is currently 11 May 2024, 01:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1542 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 988 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
this is so delightful that so many out of our group are coming up with flying colors. hardworker, your hardwork is truely commendable. accept my hearty congratulation.
stick with the forum for some more time, you may provide good advice to the new folks (and to veterans too). should you decide not to go thru this ordeal again, all the best for you applications.

:)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Hardworker !

You are one of the big references here and I am not surprised you cracked the quant !
Thank you for all data you provided here...

I would like to know what is your overall impression in terms of difficulty level. Compared to the OG average, how doi you rate the questions you get on the spot, boyh in Q and V ?

Thx

Fred
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats hardworker, your hardork paid off.
Great Quant score.
What schools do you have in mind?
Generally all top business schools like to see 80 percentile in Q and V.
You might want to look at req. for your choice of schools.

How was the DS on the test? That's the biggest weakness that I have. Any tips for those?
Thanks

BTW, what is GMAT plus? Do you know that?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello Hardworker,
Impressed about your score. I am glad you are happy and Icongratulate you on your performance. You have been like a piller in the quantittive section of the forum and your contributions have been very impressive.

I still see you as someone who could, with your nerves under control , easily make a 700+ on the GMAT, but I know how sometimes things happen on the real exam.

Good job for scoring in the highest 10% of test takers.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 730 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats and Good luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great score, your posts were very helpful! The verbal is strange. I thought I doing great until I actually saw my score. You really don't know if you will see a 30+ or 40+ score in verbal.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
twixt wrote:
Congrats Hardworker !

You are one of the big references here and I am not surprised you cracked the quant !
Thank you for all data you provided here...

I would like to know what is your overall impression in terms of difficulty level. Compared to the OG average, how doi you rate the questions you get on the spot, boyh in Q and V ?

Thx

Fred

In terms of difficulty,
Quants - As everyone would have said, OG does not even come close. DS might be useful. Kaplan (Kap800) and GMATClub are the closest
There was a PS question (Set) which had two "and"s and I misread the "and" and related it to wrong part of the problem (or the question was framed poorly/cleverly). The approach never lead me anywhere and took around 2 mins. I started again in a fresh paper and the second time around I read correctly.

Verbal - OG is pretty good. If you can exhaust all OG problems, review and redo all of them, it will be useful. Particularly search and kill any long SC that comes across. RC was replica of OG, but no paragraph breaks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
mbahope wrote:
Congrats hardworker, your hardork paid off.
Great Quant score.
What schools do you have in mind?
Generally all top business schools like to see 80 percentile in Q and V.
You might want to look at req. for your choice of schools.

How was the DS on the test? That's the biggest weakness that I have. Any tips for those?
Thanks

BTW, what is GMAT plus? Do you know that?

Schools - CMU, Tuck, Duke, Emory, Darden and alike. B Schools with Consulting speciality. I checked all these and none of these had any such requirement.

DS - DS was okay. I personally love DS since I dont have to do the problem. only think that I am doing the problem. It is like SC to verbal - time saver. But, I would certainly solve DSs in the first 15, just to make sure the answers are surely correct.
Try to identify the patterns - pattern in which questions are twisted and pattern in which you make mistakes. My most mistakes were around forgetting to substitute 0, fractions, negative numbers, etc.
So, practice is the key. Eat and live on DS for a few days and you will be okay.

Gmatplus - The below is not authentic - read in some website only. A few years ago, some one in Korea said they have got hold of some old ETS papers and started circulating them as GMATPlus. Again, you get to download this in many websites as word documents. Story aside, it is better to get and practice anything that you get. But, I had enuf materials and less time that I could not look into this. Some of the reosurces that I had but did not study - GMATPlus, VStudy, Arco, Barron, Cambridge, etc.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,

I think that mbahope might have meant an implicit expectation of GMAT subscores at the 80th percentile or higher for the more selective schools rather than an express requirement.

Hjort
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hjort wrote:
Hi,

I think that mbahope might have meant an implicit expectation of GMAT subscores at the 80th percentile or higher for the more selective schools rather than an express requirement.

Hjort

Oh I see your point. Is there a way I can check all these. I usually follow BW forums/profiles, accepted.com, petersons.com and the relavent college sites. For example,
https://web.gsia.cmu.edu/default.aspx?id=141605
https://www.darden.virginia.edu/mba/mba_profiles.htm
https://www.dartmouth.edu/tuck/mba/community/index.html

But none of these have a quants-verbal split. I even searched for HBS where everyone claims a 80-80 requirement, but found none. Do you know where I can find these?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hardworker,

Congratulations on your score! :cool

Hod did you like the Cambridge CAT? Was it useful?

Thanks in advance!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
afife76 wrote:
hardworker,

Congratulations on your score! :cool

Hod did you like the Cambridge CAT? Was it useful?

Thanks in advance!

I misunderstood that CAmbridge CAT was the same as Manhattan GMAT. Seems like they have some MoU, but are different.

Nevertheless, I think it was okay. Somewhat representative. I had to write something different than Kaplan and PR and decided to choose Cambridge. Tey have a common pool and get adaptive questions each time.
If you are done with PP, PR, then I would surely consider Cambridge CATs.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hy hardworker_indian...

I feel happy for U...great score and great post...thanks for the advice and suggestions... good luck with ur applications...as far as I know U seem to have a lot of maturity ( not that others do not have ) :) and that would accelerate ur selection...best wishes pal...

Have Fun :) take care
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37408 posts