GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 09:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free GMAT Prep Hour

December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018

03:00 PM EST

04:00 PM EST

Strategies and techniques for approaching featured GMAT topics
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.

Had 710, a decline from previous performance

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Had 710, a decline from previous performance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 05:54
I took my GMAT today. I had 710 (50Q, 35V, IR 4). Six years ago, I had 740 (48Q, 42V, IR 5) but did not use the score as different issues came up. Though I'm happy with my quant score (thanks to gmat club tests), it's disappointing to see my verbal decline so much despite the fact that I feel even more knowledgeable now compared to six years ago. My GMAT Prep verbal scores ranged from 35 to 40 with 33 once. On the GMATClub verbal CATs, I scored 45 twice out of the three verbal CATs that I took. I feel lost explaining my current incompetence and decline in the verbal section.

In addition, I could not revise properly 1 week to the exam because I had to prepare for an exam to qualify as an expert Capital Market Operator in my country. This entailed reading over 400 pages in 4 days, thereby giving less attention to GMAT. Also, I live in an African country where it is not unheard of to be owed salary. I'm being owed salary of 4 months, and this is at a PPP development finance institution that many people in my country would consider a good gig. The former management messed it up. The last few months have been really hard. I tried to forget all the turbulence around me but it's hard not feeling like crap or even worthless. I guess all these affected my performance. I plan to take it again, when I'm hopefully paid in a few days or weeks time.

Please what third party materials can I use to get good verbal practice? I have used all official practice in my possession. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
G
Re: Had 710, a decline from previous performance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 12:59
At a guess, any score above 700 from an African is more than sufficient for any MBA. You seem passionate, so it's probably not what you want to read.
Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Had 710, a decline from previous performance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2018, 19:06
Hi kastino,

First off, 710 is awesome score, so nice job!

Regarding verbal materials, in addition to seeking advice in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for best verbal courses and read through some GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers.

You also may find my it helpful to read this article about
how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Had 710, a decline from previous performance &nbs [#permalink] 28 Nov 2018, 19:06

Had 710, a decline from previous performance

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, EMPOWERgmatRichC, bb

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap