It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 19:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Has anybody heard of the Business Admissions Test (BAT in India)?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Has anybody heard of the Business Admissions Test (BAT in India)? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2016, 20:19
Howdy, everybody. Hope you guys are all doing fine.

I know this is a GMAT forum, but since all the members here are familiar with the GMAT and MBA courses, I think it's the best place for me to come and ask a few questions. Sorry if I violate any rules.

So just an introduction, we are a team of educator in Singapore who's responsible for an alternative MBA admissions test, called the Business Admissions Test. The idea of the BAT is that it forgoes a few legacy parts of the GMAT, and focuses more on making the test more about diagnosing the candidate's business acumen rather than intense preparation for irrelevant contents. Basically, we have the following modules:

- ACADEMIC APTITUDE
This module consists of four, half-hour sections of 15 multiple choice questions each. Testing problem solving, data management, and logical thinking skills, the goal of this module is to determine the candidate’s readiness for a rigorous business academic curriculum.

- LEADERSHIP EVALUATION
This module tests the candidate’s business acumen and maturity with a realistic business scenario, crafted to determine whether the candidate has had exposure to several business cycles and to general management decision making.

The BAT's advantages to the GMAT is that it can be taken both online and offline, does not require the candidates to take any courses beforehand (our holy grail) and multi-lingual.

So far this test is being used by INSEAD, ISB, KEDGE, EA-DBA, SJTU, Tsinghua and ESMT. It's quite a humble lineup, really.

Now come to the purpose of me joining this forum - in short, I would like to touch base with the candidates - you guys - the one who have to prepare for admissions test for your MBA programs, to learn about your problems and issues, so that we can improve our own test even more.

Any discussions, questions, or feedbacks are greatly appreciated!

Wish everybody a nice day ahead.

Intern
Intern

Re: Has anybody heard of the Business Admissions Test (BAT in India)? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 02:57
Hi,

I'm currently preparing for the BAT and bought the official review guide.

In general it is fine and will help, but in some cases the results on example question are unclear to me and unfortunately without any explanation.
This makes it difficult to find out if I need to re-think or if it just a typo.

My general wish on the review guide would be to get more explanations on the results. Especially, in the quant and data analyizing section.

Is there any contact I can refer to two or three question where it is fully unclear to me how you got the result?

Regards,
MIke

Re: Has anybody heard of the Business Admissions Test (BAT in India)?   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2017, 02:57

Has anybody heard of the Business Admissions Test (BAT in India)?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap