Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:38 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Major Disappointment [#permalink]
I went to Manhattan GMAT about 6 months ago and after arriving at their suite, I was told to have a seat. After waiting for half an hour, someone finally got to me and talked to me about how great their class is, and how personal they are, and how they will definitely be able to boost my score.

I took a 9 week course with them. Before the course, I had tested pretty low and was hoping to raise my score by about 100 points. I did all the homework in the Official Guide and everything. I took my GMAT about a week and a half after finishing the course. I got a 30 point increase from my initial score.

I had emailed a complaint but they had never gotten back to me at all. Even during the course, whenever I had questions, they were really slow to email back. I found them a lot less willing to talk after I had already signed up and paid for the course.

So regarding everything that Rhyme wrote, I'm really suspicious. I mean, they really couldn't bring a lot of what they say on their website and originally promised to me into reality and I feel very cheated out of my money. Either way, I'm sure you're better off saving your money.[/quote]
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Call Kim Watkins in NY, explain your dissapointment to her. She'll help.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Lets be honest....I personally don't feel like spending lots of money.....testprepny has outrageous prices......and i don't have that kind of $$.....Is Manhatten GMAT really that good as people say? Cuz i don't want to spend money and then have the same feeling as i did with kaplan.....Im serious about studying and can't have another bad experience..........
Intern
Intern
Send PM
to rhyme [#permalink]
You mean the class size in Chicago is 4.. or everywhere.?
Also the nature of your postings would indicate that you work there. Do you work for them or teach for them, is that why you made a posting like a brochure? How do you know so much about them?
What is the deal?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manhattan GMAT [#permalink]
Actually, I'd taken a Manhattan GMAT course as well. The class was small but I feel like the material covered wasn't enough. I did do somewhat better after taking the course...40 pt increase, but I didn't do as well as I hoped. I'm looking into other companies as well, such as Veritas, Manhattan Review, and other smaller places. I feel the smaller, the more they're willing to give me what I want. If you find anything, let me know.

- DPC
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Experiences will almost always differ depending on the location you are at. Different instructors and Different teaching styles make it almost impossible to value a positive testimonial more than the negative.

Please take the time to visit every test prep company you are considering. See the environment for yourself. I mentioned that in the other thread, but the members may consider an online environment such as GMAX Online.
Honesty requires me to tell you that we do have an advertising deal with them, but I wont force this down your throat. Please review the video clips posted on the website and read our review.

if you love the idea of small classroom sizes, you may also consider a private tutor.

I want to emphasize that everyone has different needs. Its our job to reconcile our needs with the offerings of the test prep company.

hope this helps guys
Praetorian
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Positive Thinker,

I've just completed a glorious (please kindly read 'meaningless' & expensive-for-nothing) Kaplan prep course here, and my experience has been even less gratifying than yours so far I'm sure! To make a long story short, I bombed! Yes indeed, bad pacing killed me about halfway through the verbal section of a real GMAT testing session yesterday (I'm still a bit under shock, to tell you the truth); surprisingly, my maths skills were sharp enough NOT to make me stumble early as expected. Proud and relieved tfor having survived such dreaded portion of the exam, I simply.. lost focus or stamina right before the finish line!!!

Cheap "tricks" à la Kaplan won't ever save the great test taker within in such delicate situations, so I give myself another four-to-six weeks before writting the test again yet this time with more confidence and a better preparation plan: MY OWN!!!

I thus intend to rely entirely now on those three official OG books, some of the aforementioned Manhattan GMAT books, and another one so as to get a few more CATs available in bank (btw, doesn Princeton offer a CD in any of its books this year!?).

GMAT SCORE IN 1993: 650
GMAT SCORE IN 2006, THKS to KAPLAN: NONE! (ran away in tears)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mercer,

Princeton review 2007 with DVD is out, and is available in https://www.buy.com (I got it from there). I'm assuming you can order to canada. The book comes with a DVD rom with some material and access to 3 online CATs. Definitely purchase MGMAT, they're pretty good. Atleast I like them.

I wish you well in your next round!

mercierdaniel wrote:
Positive Thinker,

I've just completed a glorious (please kindly read 'meaningless' & expensive-for-nothing) Kaplan prep course here, and my experience has been even less gratifying than yours so far I'm sure! To make a long story short, I bombed! Yes indeed, bad pacing killed me about halfway through the verbal section of a real GMAT testing session yesterday (I'm still a bit under shock, to tell you the truth); surprisingly, my maths skills were sharp enough NOT to make me stumble early as expected. Proud and relieved tfor having survived such dreaded portion of the exam, I simply.. lost focus or stamina right before the finish line!!!

Cheap "tricks" à la Kaplan won't ever save the great test taker within in such delicate situations, so I give myself another four-to-six weeks before writting the test again yet this time with more confidence and a better preparation plan: MY OWN!!!

I thus intend to rely entirely now on those three official OG books, some of the aforementioned Manhattan GMAT books, and another one so as to get a few more CATs available in bank (btw, doesn Princeton offer a CD in any of its books this year!?).

GMAT SCORE IN 1993: 650
GMAT SCORE IN 2006, THKS to KAPLAN: NONE! (ran away in tears)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]