Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 09:35 It is currently 05 May 2024, 09:35

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 15, 20
Interviewed on:
Dec 16, 19
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Turns out that for applications submitted in 2019 for Fall 2020 intake, they've replaced the traditional skype interview with a simple KIRA video essay submission. The KIRA interview is very straightforward and similar to all those sample KIRA questions or sample behavioural questions you can find online. Of course, Haskayne will tweak their set of questions a little bit, but most of the underlying principles/blueprint stays the same. The STAR method of answering behavioural questions is really helpful. I'd suggest you practise your responses using this method. Also, the practice questions given in your Haskayne KIRA portal are very trivial such as "What's your favorite XYZ" and these are NOT representative of the real questions you'll get. These are only for you to get used to the KIRA platform/UI/nature of answering questions online. The real questions will not be so trivial but almost always be professional/ethics/worklife/goal/competency related. So prepare accordingly. You'll have 90 seconds to answer each verbal question and around 8 minutes for the timed written one. Here are the questions that I have got, but remember that they have a large pool of Qs to give candidates, so the chances of repetition is very less. Verbal Q1 : Tell me about a time where all the other teammates at your workplace were doing all the work, leaving you with very little work to do. What did you do? Verbal Q2 : Please tell me about a time when you were successful leading a team. What personal traits do you feel contributed to your success? Verbal Q3 :What was the biggest factor influencing your decision to apply to the Haskayne School of Business? Verbal Q4 :Take a moment to reflect on your professional work experience. If admitted to the Haskayne School of Business, in what ways do you think you’ll improve to become even more effective in your current or next position? Timed Written Q : Do you think the benefits of a diverse workplace outweigh the challenges, why or why not? After a whopping 2 months, I finally got an admit into the Haskayne Daytime MBA program with a scholarship of $10000. However, I declined the Haskayne offer and chose McMaster Co-op MBA as my final one as it fit my profile and goals better. Feel free to connect with me by mailing me at chinmayrav@gmail.com"
2.8 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 21, 18
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Dec 13, 18
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My interview took place at Haskayne Campus and conducted by 3 members of Adcom, including, Admissions counsellors & Director. Felt super professional during entire process. Interview had pre-defined set of 7 questions: 1. About yourself & Work Ex. 2. Why MBA & Why Haskayne 3. Short & Long Term Goals 4. Strengths & Weaknesses 5. State 2 scenarios where you showed leadership skills 6. Any Questions! Overall, it was a semi-formal discussion which lasted for about 35 mins and the final result was received within a week. Got funding :)"
baviral
4.5 years
Canada