It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 01:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HBS deadlines and essay topic 2016-2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Expert Post
Applicant Lab Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Schools: HBS - Class of 2005
HBS deadlines and essay topic 2016-2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2016, 13:21
Oh thank goodness HBS eliminated the "introduce yourself to your section" essay from last year! This year, they've essentially gone back to the topic they used in previous years:

"As we review your application, what more would you like us to know as we consider your candidacy for the Harvard Business School MBA program?"

The fact that they brought back the PREVIOUS essay topic can provide some important clues for what NOT to write about THIS year... I explain why here.

In sum, my guess is that "Introduce yourself" tempted too many people to focus on certain things...at the expense of what HBS actually wants to hear about. So they ditched it!

Also, as a side-note, the deadlines remain pretty much the same from last year, with Round 1 being super-early:

Round 1: September 7, 2016

Round 2: January 4, 2017

Round 3: April 3, 2017

ApplicantLab users had almost 4x the admissions rate last year as the overall applicant pool -- I'm looking forward to this season!

What is ApplicantLab?

The only MBA admissions service endorsed by Harvard Business School's student newspaper, ApplicantLab takes admissions consultants' tools and puts them in your hands, teaching you how admissions officers think. It guides you through your strategy, essays for all of your schools, resume, recommendations, and even interviews.

Learn more now:

Free Trial / GMATClub Reviews / Founder's interview with the HBS student newspaper

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS deadlines and essay topic 2016-2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2017, 00:06
Yeah, it is going to be hot soon. All the students will try to work on the essays to make the impression on the professor. I want you to find about the service where you can get this kind of help on time from the qualified writer. Google more about Prime Writing service and let me know what you think about it!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS deadlines and essay topic 2016-2017   [#permalink] 29 Mar 2017, 00:06

HBS deadlines and essay topic 2016-2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap