GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Feb 2020, 07:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Healthcare

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Healthcare  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 11:58
I wanted to get opinions from people in the business world. I am a physician looking to do an MBA to gain some experience with healthcare management and venture capital. There are several healthcare focused weekend and executive MBAs. I am limited geographically because of my work so I can’t go to all of them, and the most convenient ones (I live in Chicago) dont have a healthcare focused track, but I wanted opinions from people on whether non-healthcare focused weekend MBA or executive MBA would be useful for the same purpose. I’d also like to know if there’d be a big difference in the networks you can make from some of these places.

My options are:

Kellogg or Booth evening and weekend MBAs - difficult because I often can’t do evening classes and they don’t offer everything on the weekends
Kellogg or Booth executive MBA - no healthcare focus but most convenient since they’re only weekend
Kelley physician specific MBA - close enough to do, but don’t know much about it
Cornell executive MBA - healthcare focused, but would require travel so I need to know if it’s worth the healthcare focus to fly there so often - if the basic knowledge is the same and the network is better or equal in Chicago that would be better

Thanks for the input! Any thoughts or information would be helpful, I’m very new to the MBA world

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Healthcare  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 14:41
Healthcare is a world of its own in my experience and you likely familiar with it more than my outside perspective and how each program is perceived and ranked.

However, I feel the Healthcare classes would be helpful in your job down the road but they would not be critical and I doubt anyone would really be looking into your “focus”. Nobody does in any of other fields So I seriously doubt you will be hired or in anyway dinged for having a general business degree (this is again where you may have more information. I’m speaking from other industries perspective).

Which is why I would vote for Kellogg or Booth.

Posted from my mobile device
Re: Healthcare   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2020, 14:41

Healthcare

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste