GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 04:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

HEC - Bocconi - Essec MSc Finance Choice

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
HEC - Bocconi - Essec MSc Finance Choice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 05:55
Hi all,

I've been admitted to all three of HEC, Bocconi and Essec MSc in Finance for the 2018 year. I hold a Finance/Mathematics double bachelor undergraduate from an Australian University and I'm trying to decide which course to accept and where to go.

The decision is part academic, part financial and part about the how studying at each of them is. Basically the difference are Bocconi is 2 years, Essec is 15 months and HEC is 10 months. I have a 50% tuition waver for Bocconi and Essec and HEC scholarships aren't out yet. Which means Bocconi is 13k Euro, Essec is 14k Euro and HEC is 30k Euro.

Has anyone had experience with these courses - including how there placement in London for non-Italian and non-French nationalities, the difference in prestige (namely between HEC and Bocconi), which is better for placement in portfolio management, how the class size and culture is and whether it's that grim living outside of Paris compared to in Milan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Re: HEC - Bocconi - Essec MSc Finance Choice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2018, 08:15
Hello Icone1.

I am Harrys and I am currently enrolled in the Master in Finance program at ESSEC Business School.

Let me first congratulate you for having been admitted to this program!

To answer your post, I will bring up a couple of points that I found really interesting on the program and that may differenciate it from its competitors (knowing that the 3 Master in Finance programs you mentionned have similar contents, mainly on corporate finance and financial markets):

- As you may know, the ESSEC MSc in Finance (MIF) has been ranked 3rd worlwide by the Finanical Times. Moreover, it is present on 2 ESSEC campuses (in Paris and Singapore), and this may allow you experiment both Asian and European markets. It is either possible to do the whole course on 1 campus, or to switch from one to the other on December: as you wish.

- The ESSEC Business School Alumni network is known to be one of the biggest in France (and even in Europe), with, especially in finance, a lot of former students working in/managing great banks and financial institutions and a majority of them working in London. Once enrolled in the program, you will have access to this global network, plus special job offers from them or other companies uniquely for ESSEC students and a personal accompaniement by the faculty on your professional path through a career center.

- The program will provide you a complete preparation to summer internships and graduate programs in partnership with AlumnEye. This has been a lot useful, given that around 20 people over 100 of students (80 in Paris and 20 in Singapore) from my actual class got a summer internship or graduate program in banks, and the rest of the class will be attending internships in great boutiques.

- The MIF has been designed so as to help every student to get all the financial skills and the technical jargon in English (the program is completely in English), no matter what your background is. I personnally experienced this given that I did an engineering degree before coming to the school, so no finance knowledge. But from the very first day, the professors start with the finance theory and the basics of economics, before going through the corporate finance/financial markets/asset management courses (depending on your specialization). So whatever may be your professional dream in finance, the program is taylored for you to reach it.

- On a more general way, ESSEC Business School is a very international environment with a lot of nationalities (for example, the MIF counts 18 nationalities this year), and there are a lot of extra academic activities for you to truly get involved in the school life. I can also testify on that since I am in the Masters' school board. Everything is therefore done for you to feel on your ease, with challenging and interesting class courses but a very opened and diversified environment.

- There are 2 trips organized over the year: one in London (3 days, in October) mainly to visit banks and go further on summer internship applications, and the "Study trip" in New York and Hong Kong (10 days, in April) to visit great financial institutions, know more about the global economy... and spend more "informal" time with classmates.

- Finally, I've personnally never been to Milan but I have a lot of classmates coming from abroad and who rapidly adapted to the town. It is a famous one over the world, so a lot of people to meet, lots of cultural places to visit,... and an overall good time to spend in France !

Of course, if you have more questions about the program, the school, the town and whatever point, here is my mail address, so don't hesitate to contact me:
harrys.djokotawokam@essec.edu

Hoping that I answered you,

Best regards,

Harrys.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: HEC - Bocconi - Essec MSc Finance Choice &nbs [#permalink] 19 Apr 2018, 08:15

HEC - Bocconi - Essec MSc Finance Choice

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, swbluedevil

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap