GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 03:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Happy Christmas 20% Sale! Math Revolution All-In-One Products!

December 20, 2018

December 20, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

This is the most inexpensive and attractive price in the market. Get the course now!
  • Key Strategies to Master GMAT SC

December 22, 2018

December 22, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Attend this webinar to learn how to leverage Meaning and Logic to solve the most challenging Sentence Correction Questions.

Help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 12:02
I did my first gmat practice test without preparation and i got 410, I’m aiming to get 550 to secure my admission into University of North Texas MBA program.
Note that I’m not an English native speaker.
Any advices ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 16:51
Hi Tamim11,

Raising a 410 to a 550 is an achievable goal; you might find that simply by becoming more familiar with the general content and 'style' of the GMAT, you could potentially pick up some easy points without too much trouble. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on your timeline and goals:

1) What study materials do you currently have?
2) What were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for this 410.
3) Did you have to 'rush' to finish any of the sections (and guess on a bunch of questions)? If so, then how many questions did you guess on at the end of each section?
4) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
5) What is the application deadline for the Program that you plan to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 21:24
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Tamim11,

Raising a 410 to a 550 is an achievable goal; you might find that simply by becoming more familiar with the general content and 'style' of the GMAT, you could potentially pick up some easy points without too much trouble. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on your timeline and goals:

1) What study materials do you currently have?
2) What were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for this 410.
3) Did you have to 'rush' to finish any of the sections (and guess on a bunch of questions)? If so, then how many questions did you guess on at the end of each section?
4) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
5) What is the application deadline for the Program that you plan to apply to?

Rich

1) Still I don’t have any materials, i need suggestions.

2) Q29 V17.

3) i guessed few questions, because I didn’t know how to solve them, and to save time for other questions, and for the sentence correction part I solved it based on how the the sentence sounds.

4) i still have plenty of time as the deadline for my application is April 1st, but i wanna get rid of the gmat within 1-1.5 months, so i can have time for application essay and visa.

5) April 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
e-GMAT Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 23:10
Hi Tamim11

Going from 410 to 550 is very much achievable even if you are not a native English speaker. GMAT tests higher-order reasoning skills and not language skills so it will be important that you build core skills that are required to score well in GMAT. In order to help students plan for their GMAT in a manner that suits them, we created a detailed article on Personalized Study Plans for 100+ score improvement. Along with guidelines to create a personalized plan, we have also provided 3 sample plans that you can adapt to your situation.
    - Richa followed a methodical approach and improved from 470 to 720 (V16 to V39). Click here to learn how she achieved this feat.
    - Askul improved from V17 (16 percentile) to V40 (90 percentile). Click here to read his inspiring GMAT journey.

Attend Free Webinars this weekend to get a jump-start in your GMAT prep

We are conducting free SC and Number Properties this weekend to help students learn the skills to ace these sections of GMAT. Register using the below links to reserve your spot.

Experience the e-GMAT Free Trial

Sign-up for the e-GMAT Free Trial to get access to the course that has helped non-natives ace GMAT. I am sharing some direct links for your convenience. More of these (25+ video lessons and 350+ practice questions) are available in your Free Trial dashboard.

Regards,
Aditee

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

examPAL Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 23:54
Hi Tamim11 ,

Welcome to GMAT Club!

As others have mentioned, your target is certainly achievable. It sounds like you're looking for a full course and as you may already know, there are many options out there, from self-study to private tutoring companies to online platforms, most of which cover the same material with slightly different approaches. As such, before making a final decision, take the time to view your options, see what works best for you.

At examPAL, we use an AI and wisdom-of-the-crowds based algorithm to fit each student with the learning method that works best for them: as different students have different strengths and different weaknesses, there is a great need for this personalized approach. Feel free to check us out here, even if you don't decide to purchase you can view all of our lectures and introductions free of cost.

Best of luck!

Claim your offer here.

Happy holidays!

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 10:49
Hi Tamim11,

Studying for the GMAT now - well in advance of when you plan to apply to School - is a smart choice. It allows you the flexibility to study however you choose and make adjustments to your studies as needed. Considering the variety of subjects that you will need to learn, you might need more than 1 to 1.5 months though (it will likely take you at least 3 months of consistent, guided study to consistently hit your Goal Score).

1) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Help &nbs [#permalink] 31 Jul 2018, 10:49

Help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap