It is currently 19 Sep 2017, 05:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HELP: 3 Year bachelors degree for Masters

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 11

GMAT 1: 460 Q30 V24
HELP: 3 Year bachelors degree for Masters [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2017, 10:05
Hello All,

i am a recent graduate from a 3 year bachelors degree program from Kerala, India. recently moved to Texas, USA. As most of you all know 3 year degree are not equivalent to US undergraduate degree unless they meet some requirement. I have Bachelor of Commerce from Mahatma Gandhi University. This university has NAAC accreditation of grade 'B'. So it does not meet the requirement for being considered equivalent.

The only university that has given a positive reply was University of texas, Arlington. they said they accept 3 year degree and they do their own evaluations

DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE DEALING WITH SUCH A SITUATION. I AM LOOKING FOR A UNIVERSITY THAT ACCEPTS 3 YEAR UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE (i dont mind if i have to do a bridge program)

details:

3 year bachelor degree ( 120 credits Evaluated to 104 credits by WC diagnostics )
Overall GPA 2.9 (last 60 credits 3.1)
Toefl 102
GMAT - attempting soon

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
S

Kudos [?]: 955 [1], given: 48

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: HELP: 3 Year bachelors degree for Masters [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2017, 03:24
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
mobin547 wrote:
Hello All,

i am a recent graduate from a 3 year bachelors degree program from Kerala, India. recently moved to Texas, USA. As most of you all know 3 year degree are not equivalent to US undergraduate degree unless they meet some requirement. I have Bachelor of Commerce from Mahatma Gandhi University. This university has NAAC accreditation of grade 'B'. So it does not meet the requirement for being considered equivalent.

The only university that has given a positive reply was University of texas, Arlington. they said they accept 3 year degree and they do their own evaluations

DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE DEALING WITH SUCH A SITUATION. I AM LOOKING FOR A UNIVERSITY THAT ACCEPTS 3 YEAR UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE (i dont mind if i have to do a bridge program)

details:

3 year bachelor degree ( 120 credits Evaluated to 104 credits by WC diagnostics )
Overall GPA 2.9 (last 60 credits 3.1)
Toefl 102
GMAT - attempting soon

You might be better off seeing if you can do some supplementary work to get the equivalence of a 4-year program, because you will otherwise be mighty limited in terms of schools.

Good luck on your GMAT!
Best,
JF

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 955 [1], given: 48

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: Coaching

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2017, 20:22
This post received
KUDOS
I hope it is not MBA that you are applying to. With no work ex (or is it there?) it is impossible to salvage a tier-3/4 MBA.

Given the limited set of schools, if I were you, I would put off my MBA plans for now and check if Arlington will accept me into any of the Business masters programs. Do it as a bridge course, look for a decent job/work ex and then pitch for a top 10 MBA, may be after 3 years.

Trying times for international applicants and you have to tread cautiously.

Check my Blog for Stellar MBA Admit Testimonials
| Top 5 MBA admissions consulting since 2006 | >95% success rate |
| First essay GRATIS | Pay what you want thereafter | email: jeffrey.adcom@gmail.com

If this response helped you, please give the post a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 460 Q30 V24

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2017, 22:19
jeffreyadcom wrote:
I hope it is not MBA that you are applying to. With no work ex (or is it there?) it is impossible to salvage a tier-3/4 MBA.

Given the limited set of schools, if I were you, I would put off my MBA plans for now and check if Arlington will accept me into any of the Business masters programs. Do it as a bridge course, look for a decent job/work ex and then pitch for a top 10 MBA, may be after 3 years.

Trying times for international applicants and you have to tread cautiously.

So you are suggesting that i get the bridge program completed and get a us degree equivalent and then gain some experience and then apply for MBA ? .
I am not a perfect student (not even close) so i doubt i can go any of the top 10 mba. I expect my Gmat to be roughly around 600 not more than that.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: Coaching

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2017, 23:16
This post received
KUDOS
Aim for the best possible Masters Program at Arlington that can get you a job. Work for five years, before thinking of an MBA. You may not need it, if scores continue to be at 600 levels.

Check my Blog for Stellar MBA Admit Testimonials
| Top 5 MBA admissions consulting since 2006 | >95% success rate |
| First essay GRATIS | Pay what you want thereafter | email: jeffrey.adcom@gmail.com

If this response helped you, please give the post a KUDOS!

Re: HELP: 3 Year bachelors degree for Masters   [#permalink] 01 Aug 2017, 23:16