GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2019, 17:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Help!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Help!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2019, 06:35
Hi All,

I am looking for advice on how to boost my GMAT score from 620 to 650?

My last 4 practice tests (Veritias and GMAC) have resulted in a near identical score of 620 42Q and 34V.

I have 5 weeks until my test but have been studying for about a year on and off approx. 10hours a week with little improvement to my score.

Any advice would be appreciated. Also does anyone know how to see the question explanations on the GMAC practice tests?

Thanks,

Sam.

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Help!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2019, 22:16
sam6148 - Welcome to GMAT Club!!

Several test takers commit a mistake of viewing the GMAT score as a three digit number; well, it's not. You have to analyse your sectional and sub-sectional performances. Are you strong in SC, CR, or RC? What is your accuracy rate in each of these sub-sections? Do you find quant or verbal easier? Trust me viewing the GMAT as a three digit number and then putting in several hours of unstructured study hours will do you no good. Instead, doing so can actually actually harm your performance.

That said, I would highly recommend that you enroll in a structured online course rather use free materials and tutorial videos available online. At a 620 level, you may very well need to a few more GMAT concepts and build strong strategies for each question type.

Please take a few moments to review the GMAT Club study plan.
GMAT Club Study Plan: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-study-plan-217827.html

New to GMAT Club or overwhelmed with so many resources? Follow the GMAT Club Study Plan!
Not happy with your GMAT score? Retaking GMAT Strategies!
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Re: Help!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2019, 10:40
Hello sam6148,

A score of 620 (Q 40, V30) seems to be decent, and you are close to the target score of 700. Remember various possible combinations to achieve a score of 700 or above: V37/Q50, V39/Q49, V43/Q45.

GMAT test needs a balance of both the sections, verbal and quant. You need to pay attention to both to score 680+.

The study plan that we will recommend you is:

1. Go through a quick concept refresher.
2. Take a mock test to check your performance.
3. For Verbal SC, refer OG or Aristotle Grail.
4. For Quant, visit our website https:// http://www.mathrevolution.com and check our 5- hour lesson for math. Also, check our free trial lessons and free videos.
5. Learn quick and alternative approaches to solve questions.
6. Study from reliable resources and solve updated questions that meet GMAT trends.
7. Take a diagnostic test to track your performance. You may try our free mock test.

Let us know if you have further questions.

You can reach us at info@mathrevolution.com

Success is within your reach.

Good luck!
"Free Resources-30 day online access & Diagnostic Test"
"Unlimited Access to over 120 free video lessons - try it yourself"
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Help!   [#permalink] 09 Aug 2019, 10:40

Help!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics