GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 23 Feb 2020, 06:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.35
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2013, 15:07
Hey guys,

I'm in a unique situation. I applied to UNC MBA program before completing my two other target schools Chicago Booth and Kellogg. UNC admitted me (thankfully) but the intent to enroll is due 12/31. I am just now completing the Chicago Booth and Northwestern applications. They likely wont be turned in until 12/11 (waiting on a recommender). It is now unlikely that I will receive a decision from Booth or Kellogg before 12/31. What do I do?? UNC is my backup school but Booth is my top choice.

Do I just pay the $1500 non refundable deposit and fill out the intent to enroll and withdrawal if I get into Booth?

What are the consequences of intending to enroll and then not enrolling? I am applying to all schools for the April 2014 Cohort.
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1337
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2013, 13:06
Nothing happens if you withdraw your enrollment. You simply don't get your money back. I did it during my application season (paid deposit at Kellogg, enrolled at Booth). It's an externality of staggering your apps.
_________________
The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.35
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Re: HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2013, 15:09
thanks a lot for the information. was getting worried. I guess I'll be prepared to lose the deposit

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Dec 2013
Posts: 13
Re: HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2013, 11:15
I know someone who was in a similar circumstance with another school, and the school agreed to extend the deadline. It would probably not hurt to ask since the worst they can say is no. (If they agree to extend it, I would ask them to send you a confirmation in writing just to be safe.)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions   [#permalink] 14 Dec 2013, 11:15
Display posts from previous: Sort by

HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: ambera33, carbazzy, fatmike






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne