It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 05:25

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help for CV Review!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Help for CV Review! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 03:55
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello, guys!
This is my first post on gmatclub! (Excited!)
Last two months I have been searching through the whole forum and got my first draft of CV done with tips and advice found here. So, the first thing coming to my mind upon my completion is to post it here, since I know everyone here is super nice and professional!

Currently I am a senior college student in China, and plan to apply for a B-school in Europe, Nova sbe hopefully, so, really hope I can get some help here. Appreciate every comment! (Anything about Nova sbe is more than welcome!)

Educational Background
Bachelor: Northwest University (211), Xi’an City, P.R. China
Major in International Economics and Trade
• Overall GPA: 3.46/4(Top 15%), Major GPA: 3.5/4, 85.45/100 On Average
Exchange student: FoGuang University, Yilan County, Taiwan
Major in Finance and Applied Economics
• Overall GPA: 3.96/4(Top 5%), Major GPA: 3.95/4, 92.29/100 On Average

Honors & Scholarships
• National Motivational Scholarship (Three Times)
• 2nd Academic scholarship of Northwest University (Two Times)
• 3rd Academic Scholarship of Northwest University
• 2nd Prize in the National English Competition for College Students
• National Volunteer Certificate of Social Investigation in New Rural Area of China

Professional Experience
HNA Modern Logistics Group, Xi’an City
Summer Intern, Eco-Innovation Department (12 weeks)
• Proposed and drafted the Business Plan “Eco-Box” with my mentor, which was selected as an Incubation
Project by the Innovation Committee.
• Analyzed 6 logistic enterprises’ profit models, and launched 6 project reports accordingly.
• Participated in the design of Innovative management system actively by utilizing knowledge of Management,
International Business and Distribution Economics.
China Construction Bank, Leping City
Summer Intern, Consultant (7 weeks)
• Received proficient training and thus strengthened understanding of financial products and markets.
• Collected and organized news about economics and finance on a daily basis.
• Translated 10+ promotion announcements, resulting in high praise from the Director of Bank Consultant.

Academic Project
“Internet Plus” National Project: An Investigation and Exploitation of Source Reduction System of Illegal
Water Discharge & Gas Emission (3rd Prize)
• Initiated a research group of 7 to investigate the status quo of local Pollutant Discharge Enterprises.
• Created and compiled the Operation System and Profit Mode for a sustainable commercialization of this
Source Reduction System using Input-Output tables and Feasibility Analysis.
• Negotiated with 2 local companies to achieve trade-offs by adopting this system.

Extracurricular Experience
Model United Nations
Head of Public Relations Department
• Assigned as the Dais member of the 4th & 5th Model United Nations Conference of Northwest University
• Participated in the 12th China Model United Nations, Shanghai (Two Quotas per University)
• Awarded as the Outstanding Delegate of the 15th MUN Conference of Northwestern Polytechnic University
English Debate Team (British Parliament System)
Vice President
• Practiced Debate Demos and presented News Sharing & Case Analysis on a weekly basis
• Participated in the 2016 China Open, the largest debate competition in Mainland China
• Won the 1st prize in the English Debate Competition of Xi’an International Studies University

Languages
Mandarin (C2), English (C1), French (A2)

Thanks a lot!!!!! Open to any mean words, just bring all on!

Posted from my mobile device

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 91 [2], given: 40

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Help for CV Review! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 08:48
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Martin0108 wrote:
Hello, guys!
congrats on your first post on GMAT Club! It is a great forum.
Last two months I have been searching through the whole forum and got my first draft of CV done with tips and advice found here. So, the first thing coming to my mind upon my completion is to post it here, since I know everyone here is super nice and professional!

Currently I am a senior college student in China, and plan to apply for a B-school in Europe, Nova sbe hopefully, so, really hope I can get some help here. Appreciate every comment! (Anything about Nova sbe is more than welcome!)

Educational Background

Honors & Scholarships
• National Volunteer Certificate of Social Investigation in New Rural Area of China

Professional Experience
Summer Intern, Eco-Innovation Department (12 weeks)suggest giving dates rather than #weeks
• Proposed and drafted the Business Plan “Eco-Box” with my mentor, which was selected as an Incubation
• Analyzed 6 logistic enterprises’ profit models, and launched 6 project reports accordingly.what did you discover?
• Participated in the design of Innovative management system actively by utilizing knowledge of Management,
Summer Intern, Consultant (7 weeks) suggest also you put the months- and think what key result or actionable item did you accomplish- sometimes it is hard in 7 weeks to have a big result- but if you can quantify anything that is always more impressive than just saying you got training.
• Received proficient training and thus strengthened understanding of financial products and markets.
• Translated 10+ promotion announcements, resulting in high praise from the Director of Bank Consultant.

Academic Project
“Internet Plus” National Project: An Investigation and Exploitation of Source Reduction System of Illegal
• Initiated a research group of 7 to investigate the status quo of local Pollutant Discharge Enterprises.
• Created and compiled the Operation System and Profit Mode for a sustainable commercialization of this
• Negotiated with 2 local companies to achieve trade-offs by adopting this system.

Model United Nations
• Assigned as the Dais member of the 4th & 5th Model United Nations Conference of Northwest University
• Participated in the 12th China Model United Nations, Shanghai (Two Quotas per University)
• Awarded as the Outstanding Delegate of the 15th MUN Conference of Northwestern Polytechnic University
Vice President
• Practiced Debate Demos and presented News Sharing & Case Analysis on a weekly basis
• Participated in the 2016 China Open, the largest debate competition in Mainland China
• Won the 1st prize in the English Debate Competition of Xi’an International Studies University

Languages
Definitely off to a good start here!

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 91 [2], given: 40

Intern
Intern

Re: Help for CV Review! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 18:09
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
Martin0108 wrote:
Hello, guys!
congrats on your first post on GMAT Club! It is a great forum.

Educational Background

Honors & Scholarships

Professional Experience
Summer Intern, Eco-Innovation Department (12 weeks)suggest giving dates rather than #weeks
• Analyzed 6 logistic enterprises’ profit models, and launched 6 project reports accordingly.what did you discover?
Summer Intern, Consultant (7 weeks) suggest also you put the months- and think what key result or actionable item did you accomplish- sometimes it is hard in 7 weeks to have a big result- but if you can quantify anything that is always more impressive than just saying you got training.

Academic Project

Model United Nations
Vice President

Languages
Definitely off to a good start here!

Thanks a lot!!!!!! Super helpful suggestions! you are right it is hard to describe in a quantitive way, but I will try! Merci beaucoup!

Re: Help for CV Review!   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2017, 18:09

Help for CV Review!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap