Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:37 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 212 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: HELP IN VERBAL [#permalink]
FatRiverPuff wrote:
Go to Nilkhet, buy some non-Sidney Sheldon books, and get the PowerScore CR Bible (itas around 150 taka).

i have those books and read most of them. my problem is either not to understand the intended meaning of sentence or fail to decide the wright one.
is it due to my lack of concentration or inherent limitation?
i have involved in gmat since 2009 janu.

i read, understand ,and make someone understand ,but i can not pick the wright one on gmatprep or online test. say e.g. manhattan free test, i got 29 in verbal. is there no way to escape from this problem? how many hours and days/months need to study to overcome this barriers? plz suggest me.....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i have those books and read most of them. my problem is either not to understand the intended meaning of sentence or fail to decide the wright one.

i read, understand ,and make someone understand ,but i can not pick the wright one on gmatprep or online test. say e.g. manhattan free test, i got 29 in verbal. is there no way to escape from this problem? how many hours and days/months need to study to overcome this barriers? plz suggest me.....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE:Design (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
RUHULDUMKTGMAIL wrote:

I suggest you take the entire test with CAPS LOCK on to impress them and show them you're a go-getter. For passages, you need to have a pretty firm grasp of english, something that takes a long time to build up. For SC, you can learn grammar rules and sneak by. Critical reasoning you also need a decent grasp of english, but not nearly the command required for passages. The real solution is to immerse yourself in english for a good period of time, but if that isn't possible I'd suggest pure memorization of rules, patterns, and constructs.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Business - Finance
Schools:Columbia Business School, Goizueta, Sloan
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
MarkDavidChapman wrote:
I suggest you take the entire test with CAPS LOCK on to impress them and show them you're a go-getter. For passages, you need to have a pretty firm grasp of english, something that takes a long time to build up. For SC, you can learn grammar rules and sneak by. Critical reasoning you also need a decent grasp of english, but not nearly the command required for passages. The real solution is to immerse yourself in english for a good period of time, but if that isn't possible I'd suggest pure memorization of rules, patterns, and constructs.

Caps lock on? You are either joking with the person who posted this thread or you have got a wrong idea! Do not do that because it could annoy the reader of the essay and result in possibly lower score.

RUHULDUMKTGMAIL, you should not use caps lock (capital letters) on. I also think that you need to improve in English as much as possible because it will prevent possible confusion while reading the material.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think to appear for the test at the end of may, under current GMAT system. I have no problem in quant.
I just want to raise my verbal score to 30 ( or above). What i can do with the short time. Suggest me, if any
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Stop preparing for GMAT for a few months and get familiar with English. Read a lot of novels/ non fiction books. Get hold of a basic grammar book and try to identify parts of speech etc. Try to write essays and get them edited from someone who is excellent in English. It will probably take 6 months of intense reading cycle but that would surely help.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
RUHULDUMKTGMAIL wrote:
I think to appear for the test at the end of may, under current GMAT system. I have no problem in quant.
I just want to raise my verbal score to 30 ( or above). What i can do with the short time. Suggest me, if any

Have you tried a coaching center? Forget quant, read as many books as you can in English. Don't read the Daily Star.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Read newspaper a lot everyday and check the meaning of the unknown word. That will help you with RC.
For grammar I suggest "English grammar in use" by Raymond Murphy.. Hope it helps and good luck.
GMAT Club Bot