GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jun 2018, 20:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help - Need a 740 in 4 months (Actual 520)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Nov 2016
Posts: 32
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Help - Need a 740 in 4 months (Actual 520) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 05:11
Hello guys,

I started my preparation last year, but due to my routine I had to stop it for 9 months.
I retook my plan almost two months ago, driving between the Magoosh three month study and the MGMAT guides that I bought last year. I can say that I brushed up the fundamentals and re-learned some topics, struggling with most of them after this first view.

I know that is not the recomended, but after all this time I was able to take my fist mock yeasterday and, as I was expecting, got a terrible grade. Total 520 (Q40 V22)

As a common candidate, I realy want to apply in the first or in the second round, which gives me 4 months prep, at first.

If you were in my shoes, how would you develop a study plan for this four months?

I have the following materials:

MGMAT Guides (All of them)
A premium subscription to Magoosh
A premium subscription to GMATclub Tests (Bought last week)
Access to e-Gmat for 6 months (Bought last week)

I'm planning to deal with math first, studying ath home (1h30) and on my way to work (40 min) and when I fell confortable with it (something near Q48) I would change to Verbal.

What do you think?

Tks
Magoosh Discount CodesJamboree Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 07 Dec 2017
Posts: 72
Re: Help - Need a 740 in 4 months (Actual 520) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 05:32
I suggest you to take a leave from office or whatever work u do

And put all your efforts on one this

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Nov 2016
Posts: 32
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Help - Need a 740 in 4 months (Actual 520) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 05:45
AshutoshB wrote:
I suggest you to take a leave from office or whatever work u do

And put all your efforts on one this

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Thank you for replying, but unfortunately this is not an option.

The best I can do is take 15 to 20 days vacation prior to my test date, in order to pump my conclusion.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
S
Joined: 19 Jun 2017
Posts: 33
Location: Armenia
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V46
GPA: 4
Re: Help - Need a 740 in 4 months (Actual 520) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 06:49
1
JouviMat wrote:
Hello guys,

I started my preparation last year, but due to my routine I had to stop it for 9 months.
I retook my plan almost two months ago, driving between the Magoosh three month study and the MGMAT guides that I bought last year. I can say that I brushed up the fundamentals and re-learned some topics, struggling with most of them after this first view.

I know that is not the recomended, but after all this time I was able to take my fist mock yeasterday and, as I was expecting, got a terrible grade. Total 520 (Q40 V22)

As a common candidate, I realy want to apply in the first or in the second round, which gives me 4 months prep, at first.

If you were in my shoes, how would you develop a study plan for this four months?

I have the following materials:

MGMAT Guides (All of them)
A premium subscription to Magoosh
A premium subscription to GMATclub Tests (Bought last week)
Access to e-Gmat for 6 months (Bought last week)

I'm planning to deal with math first, studying ath home (1h30) and on my way to work (40 min) and when I fell confortable with it (something near Q48) I would change to Verbal.

What do you think?

Tks


Hey! Don't get discouraged by that score, it simply means that you have lots of room for improvement. In my opinion, the key to a good GMAT score is consistency. So as long as you do your 1.5 half hours studying every day, you should be able to make huge progress. It's a good plan to study for the math first, and then move on to Verbal. I have an excel file for 4 months preparation, you can use it to customize your study plan. If you want me to, I can send it to you. I would recommend downloading Manhattan Guides from the internet and studying with its progression. They have good guides for number properties especially. After you feel like you are comfortable with the theory and basics, move on to gmatclub problems. I hope this helps! If you need any clarification, feel free to ask!

----------------------------------------------------

Kudos for appreciation :angel: :angel:
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Nov 2016
Posts: 32
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Help - Need a 740 in 4 months (Actual 520) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 07:30
Many thanks for your reply AniK97 .

It's really hard to mantain your focus and pursue this grade when you see a terrible grade, but reading that there is hope is really good.

My main doubt is between following MGMAT material or Magoosh video, since I realized (latter, unfortunatelly) that the material overlaps and following different strategies may be worse than following just one.

I don't know yet, but probably I'll stick with MGMAT and watch Magoosh videos on my lunchbreak.

Regarding the excel file that you mentioned, I d really appreciate if you could send it to me.

Tks
Intern
Intern
avatar
S
Joined: 19 Jun 2017
Posts: 33
Location: Armenia
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V46
GPA: 4
Re: Help - Need a 740 in 4 months (Actual 520) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 11:23
JouviMat wrote:
Many thanks for your reply AniK97 .

It's really hard to mantain your focus and pursue this grade when you see a terrible grade, but reading that there is hope is really good.

My main doubt is between following MGMAT material or Magoosh video, since I realized (latter, unfortunatelly) that the material overlaps and following different strategies may be worse than following just one.

I don't know yet, but probably I'll stick with MGMAT and watch Magoosh videos on my lunchbreak.

Regarding the excel file that you mentioned, I d really appreciate if you could send it to me.

Tks


Sure! Here you go, you can delete all the cells that I have filled in (that is my study plan for the coming month) and fill in the ones specific to your preparedness and plans! Hope you excel!

--------------------------------

Kudos for appreciation!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
Attachments

Schedule.xls [26 KiB]
Downloaded 19 times

To download please login or register as a user

Re: Help - Need a 740 in 4 months (Actual 520)   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2018, 11:23
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Help - Need a 740 in 4 months (Actual 520)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JUNE
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.