Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Send PM
Re: help on mnhtn scores [#permalink]
Expert Reply
truebluepiscean wrote:
i am targeting 550+ since i want to apply for masters

I'm sure you've got a plan in place -- but this score is definitely achievable for you. The biggest thing for you to focus on will be to place your study focus on the areas that offer you the greatest return in investment on your time.

I'd encourage you to take a look at these two links -- might help as you are progressing on your journey.

https://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... an-part-1/
https://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... an-part-2/

Best of luck!

-Brian
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
truebluepiscean wrote:

In my opinion I have seen the Manhattan CAT scores are closer to representing your real GMAT score in the score range below 600. However, on the higher end - above 700 their algorithm seems to falter. I think if you're score around 650 -690 on the MGMAT CATs you are slated to score above 700!

In your case, if I were your I would want to score as close as possible to 600 on MGMAT CAT to feel comfortable with the idea of scoring a 550. Scores below 550 on MGMAT CATs for you are definitely red flags for your target score.

Hope this helps.
Send PM
Expert Reply
soods26 wrote:
truebluepiscean wrote:

In my opinion I have seen the Manhattan CAT scores are closer to representing your real GMAT score in the score range below 600. However, on the higher end - above 700 their algorithm seems to falter. I think if you're score around 650 -690 on the MGMAT CATs you are slated to score above 700!

In your case, if I were your I would want to score as close as possible to 600 on MGMAT CAT to feel comfortable with the idea of scoring a 550. Scores below 550 on MGMAT CATs for you are definitely red flags for your target score.

Hope this helps.

Soods:

I won't get into a debate on your opinion -- we're certainly all entitled to that. I think the key point that you make is here that if you have a target in mind -- you shouldn't even be thinking about 'taking the exam' until you've gotten that score consistently on a practice exam. This is rarely a test where people are successful in throwing a last-minute hail mary!!

Best,

-Brian
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
truebluepiscean wrote:
i have been scoring in the range of 400-450 on manhttn tests.. can anyone pls tell me hw far this score goes close to real gmat??

I somehow skipped mentioning it but it is widely accepted throughout the GMAT Club community that GMAT Prep tests by mba.com are the best indicators of your GMAT scores. There are two that come free of charge and I'd advise you to use them very carefully; like for instance when you feel you are ready for the real test and want to gauge how prepared you are. You should feel confident if you score above a 550 on those given that you've not seen any of the questions before. In a test, attempting questions that you might have already seen before, tends to inflate your scores.

Have you already taken GMAT Prep tests? How did you score?
Send PM
Expert Reply
soods26 wrote:
truebluepiscean wrote:
i have been scoring in the range of 400-450 on manhttn tests.. can anyone pls tell me hw far this score goes close to real gmat??

I somehow skipped mentioning it but it is widely accepted throughout the GMAT Club community that GMAT Prep tests by mba.com are the best indicators of your GMAT scores. There are two that come free of charge and I'd advise you to use them very carefully; like for instance when you feel you are ready for the real test and want to gauge how prepared you are. You should feel confident if you score above a 550 on those given that you've not seen any of the questions before. In a test, attempting questions that you might have already seen before, tends to inflate your scores.

Have you already taken GMAT Prep tests? How did you score?

This is definitely something I can agree with -- as the tests on MBA.com are made up of real former exam questions, and the site itself is administered by the GMAC -- the organization responsible for the actual GMAT. The suggestion that I would make here is that these two practice tests be left 'towards the end' of your journey -- as they provide as good of an indicator of how you are likely to score on the exam as ANY OTHER EXAM.

And... they are free! What's better than free?

-Brian
GMAT Club Bot