GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 09:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • 10 Keys to nail DS and CR questions

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

06:00 PM PST

07:00 PM PST

Join our live webinar and learn how to approach Data Sufficiency and Critical Reasoning problems, how to identify the best way to solve each question and what most people do wrong.
  • R1 Admission Decisions: Estimated Decision Timelines and Chat Links for Major BSchools

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

From Dec 5th onward, American programs will start releasing R1 decisions. Chat Rooms: We have also assigned chat rooms for every school so that applicants can stay in touch and exchange information/update during decision period.

Help Struggling with GMAT preparation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Help Struggling with GMAT preparation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 03:10
Dear all,

I need advices for my GMAT preparation.
I plan to take the test in 3 months (by the end of May) and my target score is 750 (or around).

I bought the 10 books of Manhattan prep and the 3 books of the OG 2017

I've been studying the quant part for almost a month now using the OG but i felt like i'm not getting any better and i'm not sure i'm studying the right way :( .
I do keep track of my errors and try to identify my weeknesses then i work on the corresponding topic using the manhattan prep books but i feel like i'm not doing it correctly .

Lastly, i bought the magoosh gmat prep, i took the diagnostic test and i got really bad results :sad: .

Now, i want to start all over again but i need advices on how to study efficiently with all these materials (Magoosh, Manhattan prep books, 3 OG books). Should I study the Quant part and the Verbal part at the same time or should I work on one of them at a time? My materials give me access to full-lenght tests, when should i start taking them?

I plan to take two weeks off in may before taking the test but until then i can work 2hrs/day during the week and i am trying to manage my time to work more hours on the weekend.

Thanks in advance for your advices!
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Help Struggling with GMAT preparation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 03:13
Kadiatou wrote:

Now, i want to start all over again but i need advices on how to study efficiently with all these materials (Magoosh, Manhattan prep books, 3 OG books). Should I study the Quant part and the Verbal part at the same time or should I work on one of them at a time? My materials give me access to full-lenght tests, when should i start taking them?

First off you have the material to start your gmat prep. Now you have taken a diagnostic test haven't you what was your Q/V split?
which part of the exam is easier for you to study?

Regards,
HK
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 05:17
Thanks a lot HK for your reply,

I don't have a score, the result of the Magoosh test just assigns me a group (in my case 1 or 2 which are the lowest for the beginner). Should I take one with a score?
I thought that the Quant part would be easier for me as i'm not a native english speaker and i have some basics in math but would it be OK to study just one part at a time?

Regards,
Kadiatou
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 05:24
Kadiatou wrote:
Thanks a lot HK for your reply,

I don't have a score, the result of the Magoosh test just assigns me a group (in my case 1 or 2 which are the lowest for the beginner). Should I take one with a score?
I thought that the Quant part would be easier for me as i'm not a native english speaker and i have some basics in math but would it be OK to study just one part at a time?

Regards,
Kadiatou

Understood, start with the manhattan books. Get completed with them and then you will have a good understanding of basics. Now once you have the basics done start searching for questions on gmatclub. Take a diagnostic test post completion of manhattan preparation. Now your quant/verbal split will let you know where you stand and what your weaknesses are.

Now go ahead with the magoosh preparation and strengthen your weaknesses. asses yourself once every 15 days with diagnostic tests.

Once magoosh and manhattan is done, start with OG ( the official material) and then complete your remaining tests

Don't just read stuff make a note of it and then revise the notes accordingly that should help,

Regards,
HK
SVP
SVP
V
GPA: 3.39
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 12:14
Kadiatou wrote:
Dear all,

I need advices for my GMAT preparation.
I plan to take the test in 3 months (by the end of May) and my target score is 750 (or around).

I bought the 10 books of Manhattan prep and the 3 books of the OG 2017

I've been studying the quant part for almost a month now using the OG but i felt like i'm not getting any better and i'm not sure i'm studying the right way :( .
I do keep track of my errors and try to identify my weeknesses then i work on the corresponding topic using the manhattan prep books but i feel like i'm not doing it correctly .

Lastly, i bought the magoosh gmat prep, i took the diagnostic test and i got really bad results :sad: .

I plan to take two weeks off in may before taking the test but until then i can work 2hrs/day during the week and i am trying to manage my time to work more hours on the weekend.

Hi

Start with Quant, learn the concepts tested on GMAT. After learning, practice your learned section with timed practice. You can also take quizzes to meet the pace of GMAT. 1 Month for learning concepts and 15 days of practice and same with the verbal. When completed all the concepts learning and handsome practice. Take full length CATs, know your estimated score. Analyze the result with Correct/incorrect questions, pacing analysis trace your mistakes and learn from them, make an error log to know your mistakes in the previously attempted questions

Good Luck

Final days of the GMAT Exam? => All GMAT Flashcards.
This Post Helps = Press +1 Kudos
Best of Luck on the GMAT!!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 12:31
Thank you all for your advices! I Will Work step by step this Time and use one material at a time.
Regards,
Kadiatou
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Help Struggling with GMAT preparation &nbs [#permalink] 20 Feb 2018, 12:31

Help Struggling with GMAT preparation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap