GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 18 Feb 2020, 01:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Help!! Tuck (no $) vs. BC full scholarship

new topic post reply Update application status  

Help me pick!

• 75% [37]
  • 24% [12]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Journalism and Publishing)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Help!! Tuck (no $) vs. BC full scholarship  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 13:52
Definitely late to the party here; very busy semester. I'm not sure if this is already too late in regards to your decision, but I thought that I'd throw in my two cents.

You state that Hasbro and Oceanspray are targets for you out of Boston College. These programs not only recruit from Carroll, they recruit quite heavily from the school. I have several classmates who are interns at both companies, and we had a group of seven doing consulting for Hasbro during the spring - they actually won an award for their work. I'm sure that Tuck also places at these companies, but the relationship between these two in particular and Boston College is extremely strong.

I don't think that this would normally be a straightforward choice, but given your target companies post graduation, you would basically be paying 200,000 for the Tuck network, which in Boston and at the companies you are targeting, is about equivalent to Boston College. I think that in your shoes, Boston College is a no-brainer. If your ambitions were different, either in terms of industry or location, it gets far more complicated, but your lifetime ROI will almost certainly be higher at Carroll.

This is coming from someone who targeted Tuck as #1 above any other school, wrote a length writeup about how much I loved Tuck on these forums, and has a full ride at Boston College right now. I do not contradict anything that is said by the other forum members and think that this decision would not be easy for most - it certainly would not have been for me. But in your shoes, I think that Boston College will give you basically everything that Tuck would at a very small fraction of the price.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Help!! Tuck (no $) vs. BC full scholarship   [#permalink] 19 May 2016, 13:52

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 21 posts ] 

Help!! Tuck (no $) vs. BC full scholarship

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste