GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 13:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Hi! Please, evaluate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.25
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Hi! Please, evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 14:27
Hi there!
Please, evaluate my profile. Any help will be appreciated.

Situation: I found a sponsor, who is willing to pay a half of tuition fee for MBA, but the sponsor's pre-condition is for me to be applied to Top-10 USA schools only.. Since I'm not able to pay a full amount, I have to follow my sponsor's directions and not to apply to schools below Top-10. :hurt:

Background: Male, caucasian, 33 y.o., Armenian heritage, born in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Russian citizenship.
Undergrad: GPA 3.2/4 . BS in Economics 2005 graduate, Tashkent State Technical University (largest and leading Tech university in the country). Low GPA explanation: I was 17 y.o. guy, who had to work to pay for his living and tuition 100% himself (I'm not sure whether it works for Admission officers)
Certificates: Professional Management Program 2011 (6 mo.).
Work experience: 14 years in Marketing and Business Development (mostly in IT): 9 years in Uzbekistan, 3 Years in Russia, 1.5 years in USA (now). (8 of 14 years on Managerial positions). + 2 years of own business experience.
GMAT: I took a test and I scored below 700. I clearly understand that my target score should be 700+ (and TOEFL 100+), and I'm going to fix it. Let's keep it as vital pre-condition.

Regards,
Thank you.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Hi! Please, evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 12:48
Hi there - thanks for writing! Definitely understand your constraint, though it is a challenging one.

Regarding your GPA - admissions committees definitely take into account if you had to work while in school (especially if you were responsible for your whole tuition!) That can be addressed in the optional essay.

One concern for the full-time program is your work experience - you're definitely on the upper end of this, at 13-14 years of experience. What is your post-MBA goal? Also, do you plan to stay in the U.S.? If you plan to continue on your current career trajectory, I would consider an Executive MBA (which targets those with over 10 years of experience including management experience). Also, Executive MBAs have slightly lower target GMAT scores (whereas 700+ is very important for Top 10 US programs). If you're still interested in full-time MBA, be aware that you'll want to aim for 700+ and also, explain in your applications why NOW is the right time for an MBA and how it will help you on your professional path.

I hope that helps a bit - let me know of any other questions! If you want to discuss in more detail, I suggest signing up for a free 30-min consultation with me here: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/?dis ... admissions

Hero8888 wrote:
Hi there!
Please, evaluate my profile. Any help will be appreciated.

Situation: I found a sponsor, who is willing to pay a half of tuition fee for MBA, but the sponsor's pre-condition is for me to be applied to Top-10 USA schools only.. Since I'm not able to pay a full amount, I have to follow my sponsor's directions and not to apply to schools below Top-10. :hurt:

Background: Male, caucasian, 33 y.o., Armenian heritage, born in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Russian citizenship.
Undergrad: GPA 3.2/4 . BS in Economics 2005 graduate, Tashkent State Technical University (largest and leading Tech university in the country). Low GPA explanation: I was 17 y.o. guy, who had to work to pay for his living and tuition 100% himself (I'm not sure whether it works for Admission officers)
Certificates: Professional Management Program 2011 (6 mo.).
Work experience: 14 years in Marketing and Business Development (mostly in IT): 9 years in Uzbekistan, 3 Years in Russia, 1.5 years in USA (now). (8 of 14 years on Managerial positions). + 2 years of own business experience.
GMAT: I took a test and I scored below 700. I clearly understand that my target score should be 700+ (and TOEFL 100+), and I'm going to fix it. Let's keep it as vital pre-condition.

Regards,
Thank you.

Nisha Trivedi
mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Hi! Please, evaluate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap