It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 04:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

how are we doing? - complaints most welcome

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 82

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 2.97
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Re: how are we doing? - complaints most welcome [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2009, 06:17
Love the site.

I've already taken the GMAT and won't take it again. I have found that your RSS feeds don't filter out the GMAT test prep chatter. Would that be possible?

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 82

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 245 [0], given: 17

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2009, 08:09
highhopes wrote:
bb wrote:
bostonsparky wrote:
All in all I think the site is very well run. A couple suggestions:

1) Maybe give moderators the right to 'freeze' the first posting of a topic, aka even as you scroll through the responses/go on different pages the original argument/question is always visible. Kind of like how one can freeze the top row in excel if it has the headings for all the columns. Obviously you wouldn't want this for the school-specific threads which start with a big list of the acceptance results but for others it would be very useful.

This has been done

Moderators can now edit the first post of the discussion and check the box that says: "Show on top of every page"

ah, cool. I will try it out on a couple of calling all applicants threads.

I'm not sure it makes sense to do it in those threads. Often the first posts in those threads are massive, so if it's copied to each page there would be room for very few other posts on each page and it may actually make it harder to follow the discussion.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 245 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2009, 14:58
I think this forum is too stuffy to be honest. Jokes and counter arguments are quickly snuffed out by the moderators, and it seems like a herd mentality is all that is acceptable. If someone makes a joke or presents a counter-argument that a moderator doesn't like, the post gets erased and a warning issued without reason.

Like on this thread, people voice their complaints, and moderators like Riverripper, Jerz, Nink and others quickly defend the statis quo. That's not the point of this thread!!!! People need to relax and learn how to deal with varying opinions, even ones they don't like, instead of kicking people off and erasing posts that aren't even that suspect. If the only point of this forum is to hold hands and have a group think session everyday, then it is pointless. Now it shouldn't get to the level of BW, but if someone asks for advice and you tell him/her the truth, why is that bad? It is probably exactly what they need to hear.

Anyways, I think the post count and the community will grow with a little less restriction around here.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 16

Schools: Duke 2012

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2009, 19:13
Jerz wrote:
highhopes wrote:
bb wrote:

ah, cool. I will try it out on a couple of calling all applicants threads.

I'm not sure it makes sense to do it in those threads. Often the first posts in those threads are massive, so if it's copied to each page there would be room for very few other posts on each page and it may actually make it harder to follow the discussion.

Yeah, I came to that conclusion very quickly. I tried just to see how it looked and set it back right away. It would have made updating much nicer, but would've have been annoying for viewers.

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 16

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2009, 07:54
mba111 wrote:
I think this forum is too stuffy to be honest. Jokes and counter arguments are quickly snuffed out by the moderators, and it seems like a herd mentality is all that is acceptable. If someone makes a joke or presents a counter-argument that a moderator doesn't like, the post gets erased and a warning issued without reason.

Like on this thread, people voice their complaints, and moderators like Riverripper, Jerz, Nink and others quickly defend the statis quo. That's not the point of this thread!!!! People need to relax and learn how to deal with varying opinions, even ones they don't like, instead of kicking people off and erasing posts that aren't even that suspect. If the only point of this forum is to hold hands and have a group think session everyday, then it is pointless. Now it shouldn't get to the level of BW, but if someone asks for advice and you tell him/her the truth, why is that bad? It is probably exactly what they need to hear.

Anyways, I think the post count and the community will grow with a little less restriction around here.

So are you saying nink is no fun?

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Re: how are we doing? - complaints most welcome   [#permalink] 09 Jul 2009, 07:54

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 45 posts ] 

how are we doing? - complaints most welcome

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap