GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 02:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How can I track all the OG questions so I don't repeat them?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
How can I track all the OG questions so I don't repeat them?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2019, 22:18
Hi guys! Thanks for your continuous help.

I will be studying GMAT from a combination of MGMAT books and OG questions. However, I also want to spread my 6 official GMAT mock tests from GMAT/mba website (I'll be buying them) in my 3 months time.

The problem is that I was planning to get my OG questions from "The Most Comprehensive Collection of Everything Official" topic from souvik101990. And, from what I understand, this questions also include the Official questions from the mba website. Therefore, when it's time for me to do the mock tests from mba website, I will be running the risk of doing questions I've already done in the past, which would bias my results.

An option I have would be to only do exercises from OG Books I buy or find online (since I believe they are non repeated from mba mock tests). However, it will be really hard to track which of the questions are new, since OG Books repeat questions from one book to another (any ideas on how to track it to invalidate my conclusion?)

In short, my question is: how can I use all the available Official Guide Questions without running the risk of biasing my 6 official GMAT mock tests from mba website?

Thank you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Re: How can I track all the OG questions so I don't repeat them?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2019, 22:34
Hisweetlyimproved

I understand what you are saying .

Check the link below
https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags
Say you wish to PS Section and want to check your ability or solve questions of Geometry from Official Guide , check those boxes . Only the questions that belong to geometry and all the questions from Official Guide upto OG 2019 will be displayed .

This way you will not run into questions of Gmat Prep .

Hope this helps

Posted from my mobile device

~You Just Can't beat the person who never gives up~ Babe Ruth
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2019, 23:02
Please remember that questions in the official guide and questions in the GMAT Prep Practice tests come from two different question bank. Therefore, you do not run at a risk of "wasting official questions". That said, you can find several OG improvement trackers available online. Hope this information helps. All the best.

New to GMAT Club or overwhelmed with so many resources? Follow the GMAT Club Study Plan!
Not happy with your GMAT score? Retaking GMAT Strategies!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2019, 19:32
The problem you talk about, I have experienced too. There is very little we can do about it, since the data pool of OG is limited and the GMAT Prep sometimes, not always, picks up questions from that limited pool. But also know that GMAT prep has a pool of 1500 questions from which it curates your test, so chances of OG questions appearing exists but you can still a get a variety of new questions.

For fair mocks, I would recommend MGMAT tests, they seem to have fairly different questions.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: How can I track all the OG questions so I don't repeat them?   [#permalink] 16 Apr 2019, 19:32

How can I track all the OG questions so I don't repeat them?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics