GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 18:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How difficult is MBA curriculum and course load?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
How difficult is MBA curriculum and course load?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2018, 19:58
Hey all,
I am wondering how difficult is an average MBA curriculum?
Are the test just as in Bacherlor programs, mostly multiple choice? From what I remember most bachloer courses had 2 midterms and 1 final exam for majority of course. Is the same for MBA?

I am trying to get a grasp of what to expect from an MBA program with regards to how much course work and studying is expected.
Manager
Manager
B
Re: How difficult is MBA curriculum and course load?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2018, 03:41
Depends on your interests, if you feel the subjects are hard then it will be hard,if you really like subjects you can shine with MBA. MBA is a distinct route, generally MBA has two semesters in each year.
There is no fixed time to study, if you study more on daily basis then it will be benefit to you, by understanding the subjects and concepts you can do well in your exams.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2018, 14:51
stevesmiths wrote:
Depends on your interests, if you feel the subjects are hard then it will be hard,if you really like subjects you can shine with MBA. MBA is a distinct route, generally MBA has two semesters in each year.
There is no fixed time to study, if you study more on daily basis then it will be benefit to you, by understanding the subjects and concepts you can do well in your exams.

Reason I am asking, back in undegrad I was cramming and stuidying for exams all the time. Like literally, every day I would study about 3 hrs. Is MBA the same?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2018, 01:43
essprsodose wrote:
stevesmiths wrote:

Reason I am asking, back in undegrad I was cramming and studying for exams all the time. Like literally, every day I would study about 3 hrs. Is MBA the same?

I don't say MBA is same as your undergrad, but it is something different, not just MBA, all postgrad courses need some efforts to clear it. But, if your undergrad had the similar subjects as like MBA, then its not a tough job for you, even if your undergrad didn't had the similar subjects, still it is not a tough job i can say, don't take pressure just chill i can say you can do it.
MBA Admissions Consultant
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2019, 08:29
It is apparent that this question is extremely subjective and depends on the individual. What is difficult to one person, may not be difficult to another. In addition, each MBA program differs and may have different demands on the students.
Whilst it is more common for professors to assign individual assignments, projects and tests during undergraduate programs, group projects are a popular element of MBA studies. Teamwork and collaboration skills are both emphasised during MBA studies as these skills will come in to use in the workplace, after your studies. Perhaps this is of interest to you.
Whilst researching potential schools for your studies, take the time to physically visit the schools if your resources allow. Speaking to current students will help you gage how difficult the studies will be, and they will be able to resolve any of your concerns. If you are unable to travel to the schools themselves, there are many online forums with people in similar situations as yourself.
There are some people that believe that most of the first year of business school is spent going over and relearning things that were taught in their undergraduate programs. If this is the case in your situation, you may have a soft landing when you start.
I think you will find a lot of valuable material on our website, simply go to http://www.ARINGO.com or use our free MBA chances estimation calculator.
Good luck.

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 13:26
I went to two different state schools, but I found the MBA was much more interesting. There were more real application projects. In statistics classes, we ran actual models in Excel. In marketing classes, a team and I put together a marketing plan for my company. There were still plenty of tests, but I found it more engaging and practical.
Re: How difficult is MBA curriculum and course load?   [#permalink] 05 Jun 2019, 13:26

How difficult is MBA curriculum and course load?

new topic post reply Update application status