Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:47 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q169 V165
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 29894 [0]
Given Kudos: 799
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q169 V165
Send PM
Re: How do you know how much studying is enough for your target score? [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi jboog,

I'm sorry to hear about your medical situation, but if you've recovered enough to get back into 'study mode', then that's good.

Can you go into a bit more detail about how you've studied so far:

1) How long have you studied?
2) What resources have you used?
3) When was the last time you took a FULL-LENGTH CAT (including the Essay and IR sections)?
4) How did you score on that CAT (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

I suppose it would be much more helpful if you had that info haha.

1) Very little, I've just now started on the MGMAT math foundations
2) MGMAT Math foundations books and some stuff off of this site
3) I just took a practice CAT and scored from what I can gather a 600 based on my percentiles (80%Verbal, 20%Quant)

I knew my quant was bad but jeez, it's really bad haha. I knew how to do maybe 15% of the questions. There was a time about 5-6 years ago I could have done most of them, but I seemed to have dumped all of my math abilities a while back. I did not do the Essay or IR yet.

I appreciate any advice. I'm guessing I have a LOT of time to put into this to get my target score of 700+.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: How do you know how much studying is enough for your target score? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi jboog,

By skipping the Essay and IR sections, you took a shorter, easier Test, so your score result is likely 'inflated.' From here on, you really must take the FULL CAT each time AND take a CAT that provides complete score data (so that you don't have to guess at what your scores would have been). If we assume that your current skill level is in the mid-500s, then you'll have to make some significant improvements to hit your score goals in 2 months time. That timeframe will increase the challenge of this whole process, but if you're going to take your best shot at this, then you would probably benefit from investing in a GMAT Course of some type (either Guided Self-Study or instructor-led).

Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at out site (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

If you have any additional question, then just let me know.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot