Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [1]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
 Q42  V40
GPA: 3.35
WE 1: IT Business Analyst-Building Materials Industry
Send PM
Re: How does this study plan look? - Need inputs please! [#permalink]
Kudos
My advice is to continue to do a few quant problems per day as you are focusing on verbal to keep you fresh. I would also make note cards for important concepts in the MGMAT books. I did a similar plan, but did not review quant while doing verbal and forgot a lot of quant concepts. 700+ is definitely achievable with this plan and dedication. I would suggest scheduling your test after you have hit a few 700+ practice CAT scores in a row.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Thanks for your replies, guys!

Yes - I am glad that i have all the course materials but i hope that i can make the time for it as planned.

Quote:
nice to see you have the study materials and the time. One thing i would suggest is to take the tests in between studying plans. maybe once every 2 weeks instead of all of them the last month. If you take them spread out you can find what errors you have corrected through studying and what needs improvement.

shaselai - thats a great suggestion. I will plan on taking a MGMAT test every other week from now - that way, I will be done with 4 MGMATs before i start focusing on full length tests in July.

Quote:
My advice is to continue to do a few quant problems per day as you are focusing on verbal to keep you fresh. I would also make note cards for important concepts in the MGMAT books. I did a similar plan, but did not review quant while doing verbal and forgot a lot of quant concepts. 700+ is definitely achievable with this plan and dedication. I would suggest scheduling your test after you have hit a few 700+ practice CAT scores in a row.

trzaskm - Would you suggest that i intersperse my verbal prep with the MGMAT online questions banks for quant? Or should i focus on reviewing the OG and OG quant problems again?

Btw, many folks here have reviewed the OG a couple of times before the test. Would you suggest that i do that in July along with my full length tests and error log?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
 Q42  V40
GPA: 3.35
WE 1: IT Business Analyst-Building Materials Industry
Send PM
I would say you could do both. Although some people say that MGMAT questions aren't that representative of actual GMAT questions, they do provide great insights into the fundamental concepts upon which GMAT questions are based. Official guide problems are the most representative of the actual GMAT. Maybe go through the MGMAT problem sets, then rework OG problems, then when through the OG go back over the MGMAT problems you go incorrect.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Social Media / Marketing
Schools:Dalhousie School of Business (Corporate Residency MBA)
 Q47  V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Man, that is so much more prepared and scheduled that what I did, haha.

One thing I'd like to suggest you do is do a complete practice test maybe once a week regardless of your "focus" for the month. The MAIN reason for doing this is not so much to practise questions, but to nail down your pace. No matter how well you know your stuff, if it takes you 85 minutes to get through all the Q's in a section then you're gonna run into trouble...

Getting used to the time limit will help you mentally hone your internal stopwatch so you can tell if you're going to need to hurry up on this Q or if you can take a little longer with it. Time yourself if you're doing a paper test.

I think I did like 10 full practice tests and found that I was finishing my sections pretty much bang on time without feeling rushed.

Hope this helps!
GMAT Club Bot