Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:40 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools: IESE '25 (A)
GRE 1: Q165 V163
GPA: 2.24
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [10]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5138 [4]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Re: How many 700+ level questions can one expect? [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hi TalonShade.

I would put it this way.

If you are scoring high on quant and getting all or almost all of the questions correct, from what I've seen, you'll see about 5 to 7 hard questions of which maybe 2 or 3 will be particularly challenging, i.e., 750+.

If you are scoring high on verbal and getting all or almost all of the questions correct, my guess is that around two each of the SC, CR, and RC questions will require you to use a lot of thought and be very careful to get them correct.

Other than those questions, most will be medium or medium hard and will be relatively straightforward to answer though, in order to get them correct, you will have to be careful.

Also, you can get a sense of the average difficulty of the questions by considering these difficulty graphs from an ESR for a test on which the test-taker got all quant and verbal questions correct.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
How many 700+ level questions can one expect? [#permalink]
Kudos
MartyTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi TalonShade.

I would put it this way.

If you are scoring high on quant and getting all or almost all of the questions correct, from what I've seen, you'll see about 5 to 7 hard questions of which maybe 2 or 3 will be particularly challenging, i.e., 750+.

If you are scoring high on verbal and getting all or almost all of the questions correct, my guess is that around two each of the SC, CR, and RC questions will require you to use a lot of thought and be very careful to get them correct.

Other than those questions, most will be medium or medium hard and will be relatively straightforward to answer though, in order to get them correct, you will have to be careful.

Also, you can get a sense of the average difficulty of the questions by considering these difficulty graphs from an ESR for a test on which the test-taker got all quant and verbal questions correct.

Hi Marty,

I am trying to understand if I need to get 700 level questions correct to get a 700+ or even 750+. Based on the things that have been pointed in this discussion, it seems like one has to get the sub-600 and 600-700 level problems correct to get to the 700+ mark. Is my understand correct?

Also, I have been using the GMAT Club Forum quiz and setting the parameters as 600-700 and 700 level questions. I have been consistently noticing that I get ALL 600-700 questions correct but ALL 700+ incorrect. It's surprising because I don't really think about the difficulty level when I see a question, i just try to do it; the results are rather skewed. I keep fretting about not being able to get the 700+ correct. So my question is, do I actually need to get the 700 level correct for a 700+? If yes, how what percentage? If no, what about 750+ ?

-A
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
amishag wrote:
MartyTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi TalonShade.

I would put it this way.

Hi Marty,

I am trying to understand if I need to get 700 level questions correct to get a 700+ or even 750+. Based on the things that have been pointed in this discussion, it seems like one has to get the sub-600 and 600-700 level problems correct to get to the 700+ mark. Is my understand correct?

Also, I have been using the GMAT Club Forum quiz and setting the parameters as 600-700 and 700 level questions. I have been consistently noticing that I get ALL 600-700 questions correct but ALL 700+ incorrect. It's surprising because I don't really think about the difficulty level when I see a question, i just try to do it; the results are rather skewed. I keep fretting about not being able to get the 700+ correct. So my question is, do I actually need to get the 700 level correct for a 700+? If yes, how what percentage? If no, what about 750+ ?

-A

Hi bb I also have a similar issue. Though OG 700+ questions I am able to do, I am flunking at GMAT Prep 700 level questions.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
How many 700+ level questions can one expect? [#permalink]
Kudos
Quote:
Though OG 700+ questions I am able to do, I am flunking at GMAT Prep 700 level questions.

Fair to say there is a difference in doing questions under exam/mock conditions. Consider doing timed sets of questions during your prep.

-GmatKnight Instagram
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Hello! I just completed my third quant test from GmatClub and I found that I received a total of 19 of 31 questions tagged at a difficulty of 700, with only a few easy and medium level questions, is this how the GMAT test us, because it seems like an insurmountable wall!!! Please help!!
GMAT Club Bot