Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 12:19 It is currently 14 May 2024, 12:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

How many times did you do the OG questions?

You may select 1 option
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.16
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1311 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11682 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: [POLL] How many times did you do the OG questions? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi CluelessLearner,

From your initial post in this thread, it sounds as though you are prioritizing the OG practice materials. There's certainly nothing wrong with that - and there are plenty of Official materials that you might use during your studies - but it's worth noting that while the OG books are great sources for practice questions, they're not designed to teach you Tactics, patterns or the little 'secrets' behind the GMAT (for those, you'll need Course-oriented materials). In addition, working through the same questions over-and-over won't necessarily help you to earn a much higher Score on the GMAT (especially if you are working through those questions in ways that are inefficient (meaning that you would end up re-inforcing 'bad habits').

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) Have you taken the Official GMAT yet? If so, then when (and how did you score - including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
2) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
3) What study materials have you used so far? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
4) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
5) What is your overall goal score?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[POLL] How many times did you do the OG questions? [#permalink]
Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC, thank you for your reply!

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
In addition, working through the same questions over-and-over won't necessarily help you to earn a much higher Score on the GMAT (especially if you are working through those questions in ways that are inefficient (meaning that you would end up re-inforcing 'bad habits').

Can you give me some examples of the inefficient ways to work on the questions?

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) Have you taken the Official GMAT yet? If so, then when (and how did you score - including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
2) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
3) What study materials have you used so far? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
4) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
5) What is your overall goal score?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

1) My last scores were 640 and 620 and before that it was 700 (Q49 V38)(my best score till now)
2) I have studied typically 2-3 months before each test attempt, about 40-50h each week
3) I initially studied from the some high rated questions on this forum but I did not see an improvement on my mocks so I switched to the official materials exclusively after which I gave the 3 GMAT attempts mentioned above in 1)
4) I was scoring consistently around 720 in my mocks before the attempts I mentioned in 1). I took the mocks about 2-3 weeks before my GMATs

5) I am targeting 740+
6) I am planning to apply this year in R1. If I get 740 I will apply to schools focused around tech. So I'm looking at LBS, Tepper, Foster, Cambridge etc
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11682 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi CluelessLearner,

I've sent you a PM with some notes and additional questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
GMAT Club Bot