GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 09:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • How to QUICKLY Solve GMAT Questions - GMAT Club Chat

November 20, 2018

November 20, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

The reward for signing up with the registration form and attending the chat is: 6 free examPAL quizzes to practice your new skills after the chat.
  • The winning strategy for 700+ on the GMAT

November 20, 2018

November 20, 2018

06:00 PM EST

07:00 PM EST

What people who reach the high 700's do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we collected on over 50,000 students who used examPAL.

How much score I can achieve in quant by just solving GMAT OG 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
How much score I can achieve in quant by just solving GMAT OG 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 01:56
How much score I can achieve in quant out of 51 by just solving GMAT Official guide 2018?
Senior PS Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member CAT Tests
How much score I can achieve in quant by just solving GMAT OG 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 20:26
wordpressboy wrote:
How much score I can achieve in quant out of 51 by just solving GMAT Official guide 2018?

Hi wordpressboy

Welcome to GMATClub

Most of the questions on the OG are in the 500-700 level, which leaves you with very few
questions that are 700+. If you are looking to score in excess of Q44(which is around the
50th percentile), you will need to take on harder problems that doing just the OG.

A recommendation I have for you is to subscribe to the GMATClub Quant tests once you
get around Q44 level on the GMATPrep test. If you aren't scoring well you could start by
working on your concepts from the below given link.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 44512.html (Beneficial for understanding concepts)

Hope this helps you!

You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got

Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: How much score I can achieve in quant by just solving GMAT OG 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 07:48
Hi wordpressboy,

It depends on your current level. The best way to find out is to take the official CAT:

https://www.mba.com/exam-prep/gmat-offi ... and-2-free

Hope this helps!

Non progredi est regredi

PS Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: How much score I can achieve in quant by just solving GMAT OG 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 00:53
wordpressboy wrote:

Welcome to the GMAT Club!

I would completely agree with the above replies. Accuracy on the OG cannot be linked with an expected score as the OG questions are not adaptive and most of them are in the 600 to 700 level, whereas to perform really well on the GMAT you need to have a knack of solving 700+ questions too. Having said that, OG is indispensable to your prep and the best way forward would be to solve from OG in addition to GMAT Prep ( for gauging level and expected score ) and do 700+ level questions from any source ( for example the free directory of questions here on the gmat club)

A mix of all the above should set you up for a good score.

Best,
Gladi
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 14:11
OG is a great resource but it carries serious disadvantage of not having adequate theory and having only limited number of high difficulty questions.

It is generally advised that one does a rigorous course for developing the concepts and practicing high number of questions.

Unless you are already at a very high level, OG alone may not sufficient for 46+ on quantity and 33+ in verbal.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '21 (II)

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 14:52
Depends from person to person. I did only OG and got a Q50.

What is your current level on mocks? How good are you with math?

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 15:57
Hi wordpressboy,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. So, while you certainly can use the OG while study for the GMAT, my students tend to find that prep books are most beneficial when paired with a more robust resource, such as an online self-study course.

I’m happy to provide some further advice but first would like to know your baseline GMAT score. Could you familiarize yourself with the exam and then take an [url=http://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam/prepare-for-the-gmat-exam/test-prep-materials/free-gmat-prep-software.aspx] official GMAT practice exam?

Once you complete the exam, please reach back out with your score breakdown, and I can provide some further advice. Also, you may find it helpful to read this article about [url=http://blog.targettestprep.com/how-to-score-a-700-on-the-gmat/] how to score a 700+ on the GMAT

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: How much score I can achieve in quant by just solving GMAT OG 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 02 Nov 2018, 15:57

How much score I can achieve in quant by just solving GMAT OG 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap