GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jun 2018, 18:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How similar are practice questions to the actual GMAT?

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2017
Posts: 5
How similar are practice questions to the actual GMAT? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 14:22
My first GMAT is coming up soon and I was wondering for those who have taken the GMAT this cycle or before felt that the practice questions were similar to the actual test. I know it sounds stupid but it's just my first time jitters making me question everything haha

Edit: I have heard Verbal Practice Questions aren't accurate to the actual GMAT difficulty
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
User avatar
B
Status: Harvard Alum
Affiliations: Harvard University
Joined: 30 Nov 2013
Posts: 207
Location: United States (NY)
Re: How similar are practice questions to the actual GMAT? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 14:54
1
They are VERY similar in terms of format and structure of the question. If you're looking for an "exact" replica of questions though, that doesn't happen in my experience.
_________________

I'm a former Harvard admissions interviewer and Harvard grad, and currently run the award-winning MBA & EMBA admission firm and blog: http://www.MBAIvyLeague.com. Check out the blog and contact me for a free consultation today!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Re: How similar are practice questions to the actual GMAT? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 15:02
MBAIvy wrote:
They are VERY similar in terms of format and structure of the question. If you're looking for an "exact" replica of questions though, that doesn't happen in my experience.


So I shouldn't worry about surprises or anything like that? Mostly everything will be similar in taste?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Nov 2017
Posts: 16
Re: How similar are practice questions to the actual GMAT? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 17:31
1
ChaseFor800 wrote:
My first GMAT is coming up soon and I was wondering for those who have taken the GMAT this cycle or before felt that the practice questions were similar to the actual test. I know it sounds stupid but it's just my first time jitters making me question everything haha

Edit: I have heard Verbal Practice Questions aren't accurate to the actual GMAT difficulty



Dear Freind,

Depends on also which source are you using . i find GMAT prep to be the closest one and also if you have done the review book that helps a lot.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Re: How similar are practice questions to the actual GMAT? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 19:17
gmat1307 wrote:
ChaseFor800 wrote:
My first GMAT is coming up soon and I was wondering for those who have taken the GMAT this cycle or before felt that the practice questions were similar to the actual test. I know it sounds stupid but it's just my first time jitters making me question everything haha

Edit: I have heard Verbal Practice Questions aren't accurate to the actual GMAT difficulty



Dear Freind,

Depends on also which source are you using . i find GMAT prep to be the closest one and also if you have done the review book that helps a lot.


I am using Manhattan Prep and the OG GMAT 2017 book. I am understanding the principles to the best of my ability and learning how to tackle different types of problems. Just have some fears for my first GMAT lol
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Nov 2017
Posts: 16
Re: How similar are practice questions to the actual GMAT? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 21:05
1
ChaseFor800 wrote:
gmat1307 wrote:
ChaseFor800 wrote:
My first GMAT is coming up soon and I was wondering for those who have taken the GMAT this cycle or before felt that the practice questions were similar to the actual test. I know it sounds stupid but it's just my first time jitters making me question everything haha

Edit: I have heard Verbal Practice Questions aren't accurate to the actual GMAT difficulty



Dear Freind,

Depends on also which source are you using . i find GMAT prep to be the closest one and also if you have done the review book that helps a lot.


I am using Manhattan Prep and the OG GMAT 2017 book. I am understanding the principles to the best of my ability and learning how to tackle different types of problems. Just have some fears for my first GMAT lol



If you wish to look for tougher questions then you can practise from QR and VR review 2016,2017 the later section, also practise GMAT sectionals given on GMAT club, that gives you grip on time section
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
V
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 1469
Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: How similar are practice questions to the actual GMAT? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 20:36
1
ChaseFor800 wrote:
So I shouldn't worry about surprises or anything like that? Mostly everything will be similar in taste?
If you have prepared well and are confident, I think the GMAT will look very similar to official practice material. As long as no "surprises" does not mean "exactly the same", you should be fine. Keep in mind that all OG questions are actual (retired) GMAT questions.
_________________

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Nov 2017
Posts: 16
Re: How similar are practice questions to the actual GMAT? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 05:07
1
ChaseFor800 wrote:
MBAIvy wrote:
They are VERY similar in terms of format and structure of the question. If you're looking for an "exact" replica of questions though, that doesn't happen in my experience.


So I shouldn't worry about surprises or anything like that? Mostly everything will be similar in taste?



The question concepts remains same. Generally when you start moving 650 onward in Exam the questions parameters change drastically. Secondly dont become too happy seeing a similar nature of question as there might be a minor twist for sure. Thus practise and also have standard timings that will help.

Regards
Re: How similar are practice questions to the actual GMAT?   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2017, 05:07
Display posts from previous: Sort by

How similar are practice questions to the actual GMAT?

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JUNE
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.